So remember when Gold was hard?

#1CoconutMayPosted 3/6/2013 9:00:16 AM
I used to think it was literally impossible to beat unless you did the W/G/G exploit.

Good times...
---
Have you seen my sisters? Last I saw them they were standing in a row. They are quite lovely.
#2chill 02Posted 3/6/2013 9:02:28 AM
To be fair, most of the new classes made the game easier.
---
I should go.
#3sheepman23Posted 3/6/2013 9:04:56 AM
chill 02 posted...

Maybe, but the Kroguard and Geth Infiltrator were part of the first DLC, and since then we've gotten maybe one or two kits that are up to their level.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#4chill 02Posted 3/6/2013 9:06:24 AM
The Ghost infiltrator for one.
---
I should go.
#5MasterVashPosted 3/6/2013 9:09:58 AM
The power creep really helped. Try running the original classes with the original weapons. It's a fair bit harder than using a Ghost or Geth Trooper or Paladin with a Harrier or the Wraith as it is now.
---
"Someone at BioWare ate lunch?! Must mean new Ham Sandwich faction!"
-Bahslel, from Reddit
#6sir_fredingtonPosted 3/6/2013 9:15:22 AM(edited)
Also, GEAR made a lot of classes a whole lot better, especially grenade classes.

Oh, and the PPR.
#7NS_RegentParkPosted 3/6/2013 9:19:12 AM
sir_fredington posted...
Also, GEAR made a lot of classes a whole lot better, especially grenade classes.

Oh, and the PPR.

Drelldept - 13,000 Grenades... EVERYWHERE
---
GT:InTheZoneTO
I'm pretty sure the Crucible was supposed to harness the dark energy of Haestrom to destroy the Reapers
#8kamikazeman41Posted 3/6/2013 9:19:40 AM
I remember the first info sheet they released said less then 1% of gold attempts were extracted.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#9Crimsonhead4Posted 3/6/2013 9:25:04 AM
chill 02 posted...

Despite all the new classes my go to gold characters are still quarian female engineer, asari justicar and original krogan sentinel. But I do agree with TC in that I used the think gold was near impossible. I remember my first game, I was terrified to see two atlases and two phantoms out at once. Now gold seems normal and silver is just boring unless you're testing something new out. Still can't handle platinum though
#10xXwildebeastXxPosted 3/6/2013 9:30:32 AM
I agree with the assertion that the new classes helped a lot. Only a couple are still decent enough to perform niche roles, like the salarian engineer for tech explosions or the asari adept for warp+throw, but they arent really good enough to be go-to classes for platinum. Also, look at the health/shields for those old classes; for most, 1000 of each is only an option at very high levels, now some of the new classes are pushing 2000-3000, depending on builds.