So remember when Gold was hard?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. So remember when Gold was hard?
2 years ago#1
I used to think it was literally impossible to beat unless you did the W/G/G exploit.

Good times...
---
Have you seen my sisters? Last I saw them they were standing in a row. They are quite lovely.
2 years ago#2
To be fair, most of the new classes made the game easier.
---
I should go.
2 years ago#3
chill 02 posted...

Maybe, but the Kroguard and Geth Infiltrator were part of the first DLC, and since then we've gotten maybe one or two kits that are up to their level.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
2 years ago#4
The Ghost infiltrator for one.
---
I should go.
2 years ago#5
The power creep really helped. Try running the original classes with the original weapons. It's a fair bit harder than using a Ghost or Geth Trooper or Paladin with a Harrier or the Wraith as it is now.
---
"Someone at BioWare ate lunch?! Must mean new Ham Sandwich faction!"
-Bahslel, from Reddit
2 years ago#6
Also, GEAR made a lot of classes a whole lot better, especially grenade classes.

Oh, and the PPR.
(edited by sir_fredington)
2 years ago#7
sir_fredington posted...
Also, GEAR made a lot of classes a whole lot better, especially grenade classes.

Oh, and the PPR.

Drelldept - 13,000 Grenades... EVERYWHERE
---
GT:InTheZoneTO
I'm pretty sure the Crucible was supposed to harness the dark energy of Haestrom to destroy the Reapers
2 years ago#8
I remember the first info sheet they released said less then 1% of gold attempts were extracted.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
2 years ago#9
chill 02 posted...

Despite all the new classes my go to gold characters are still quarian female engineer, asari justicar and original krogan sentinel. But I do agree with TC in that I used the think gold was near impossible. I remember my first game, I was terrified to see two atlases and two phantoms out at once. Now gold seems normal and silver is just boring unless you're testing something new out. Still can't handle platinum though
2 years ago#10
I agree with the assertion that the new classes helped a lot. Only a couple are still decent enough to perform niche roles, like the salarian engineer for tech explosions or the asari adept for warp+throw, but they arent really good enough to be go-to classes for platinum. Also, look at the health/shields for those old classes; for most, 1000 of each is only an option at very high levels, now some of the new classes are pushing 2000-3000, depending on builds.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. So remember when Gold was hard?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived