When did you start Gold?

#11DRAGON07891230Posted 3/6/2013 2:52:39 PM
Jedi_Mercenary posted...
The thing I think people should ask themselves is: "could I plus 3 clones of me complete this difficulty setting?". If the answer is no, they should consider choosing some lower difficulty setting unless they have some friend who can help them out.

That's not always the best meter stick. 4 of me could beat platinum, but I still don't play it because whenever I try it with randoms I always end up soloing rounds. It's too much of a hassle.
---
_______()>===<()______........._______
[__]//P[__]======^^^^^^-------------------***** ( '_') > Uh Oh!
#12blutoblutarskyXPosted 3/6/2013 2:57:27 PM
I remember starting by accident when I was playing a bronze match (or so I thought) with a group and just switched my char to a level 1 demolisher.

the group changed the difficulty and I had no idea.
so I ran around playing like it was a bronze match which you didn't have to really pay attention to (I was regularly playing silver at that point).

here I was wondering why I was getting my ass kicked till I croaked in round 1 and checked the rounds because I couldn't believe it, and saw "gold".

that was my first gold match.
#13Talon5967Posted 3/6/2013 2:57:40 PM
gunhole posted...
when I noticed I was extracting from silver using barely any gels & missiles...

This, and also I realized I considered it a waste to use consumable equipment on Silver, and could use pretty much any character without said equipment, and do well.

I would add when I realized I expected to extract from every match. Except that I always expect to extract from every match, and consider any match that I don't at least complete wave 10 a waste of my time, regardless of difficulty.

I don't expect to always win in competitive games, but in co-op games, I do always expect to win. Sort of an extension of my attitude in SP. If I'm playing against a computer, I expect to win, and sometimes get ticked off when I die. I only accept losing when playing against another person.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#14Havoc49JPosted 3/6/2013 3:06:03 PM
I started Gold when I could solo Silver.
#15squidney2k1Posted 3/6/2013 3:13:28 PM
About a month after the game was released. Most players finally picked up on decent strategies, better gear, and awesome teamwork tactics.
---
\m/ (O_o) \m/ Alan Wake deserves a full sequel. Xenosaga Deserves a full sequel. Dark Cloud deserves a full sequel.
#16IokuaPosted 3/6/2013 3:16:59 PM
When my N7 level hit 100, that's more or less the magic number to get people to **** off with their elitist bull****.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#17Ryan-06Posted 3/6/2013 3:18:38 PM
Iokua posted...
When my N7 level hit 100, that's more or less the magic number to get people to **** off with their elitist bull****.

Vorcha: YOU B****! Thats nothing! NOOB. Get up to at least 1000 or **** off!

I know your TRIIIICKS.

jk!
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
#183PiesAndAForkPosted 3/6/2013 3:32:22 PM
Havoc49J posted...
I started Gold when I could solo Silver.

That's not a good indicator. I can hold my own in Gold, but I don't think I can solo Silver. Soloing and team play are two different things.
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."
#19namealredytakenPosted 3/6/2013 3:33:02 PM
I was doing gold in the demo...
---
Necessity is the mother of invention
Experience is the true knowledge
#20MedicFromHellPosted 3/7/2013 5:32:53 PM
Glockass1 posted...
MedicFromHell posted...
Once the demo was over and I unlocked the Claymore on the main game.

I suggest everyone move to Gold ASAP because its not that hard. Shooter standard difficulty.

It's not about the game difficulty. It's about the people you're playing with :D

For me the Claymore was the only teammate I needed to beat Gold. My first almost-solo was with the Claymore 1 and a Human Infiltrator.

But you're right it is also about the people you play with. For example, some matches go very poorly for me when I have 2 or 3 really bad players on my team. They actually make the game harder for me.
---
GT: Razerath ...the GI that conquered Goddess.