When did you start Gold?

#21TemplariShadowPosted 3/7/2013 6:24:15 PM
Talon5967 posted...
gunhole posted...
when I noticed I was extracting from silver using barely any gels & missiles...

This, and also I realized I considered it a waste to use consumable equipment on Silver, and could use pretty much any character without said equipment, and do well.

I would add when I realized I expected to extract from every match. Except that I always expect to extract from every match, and consider any match that I don't at least complete wave 10 a waste of my time, regardless of difficulty.

I don't expect to always win in competitive games, but in co-op games, I do always expect to win. Sort of an extension of my attitude in SP. If I'm playing against a computer, I expect to win, and sometimes get ticked off when I die. I only accept losing when playing against another person.

This and that. Once I got to the point where using consumables on Silver wasn't worth it or necessary it was time for a stepup. If I play Silver it's because I just promoted a class and didn't get any of them in the packs I bought. To explain, my general way is to play a bunch of Golds to get oodles of credits, then promote and buy bunchs of packs. If I don't pull enough exp on kits I like they go through a few UUS rounds to build up. Nowadays, on Silver I avoid using consumables unless I think the rest of the team sucks enough that a Mission Fail is likely if I don't burn a consumable. Except Missiles. Late-game rounds, an occasional Missile can expedite things. Especially since I'm already playing on Silver which shouldn't take a long time.
#22gobuffalo30Posted 3/7/2013 6:31:28 PM
I did it when I wasn't going down in Silver a lot of the time, not using consumables, and could hold my own when needed.
#23manbearpig654Posted 3/7/2013 7:20:25 PM
Took over 3 months for me to finally become a gold regular. Found a group that was willing to deal with my scruby ass and soon after that I became an ME3 legend.
---
Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you.
#24Jedi_MercenaryPosted 3/8/2013 1:19:16 AM
MedicFromHell posted...
Glockass1 posted...
MedicFromHell posted...
Once the demo was over and I unlocked the Claymore on the main game.

I suggest everyone move to Gold ASAP because its not that hard. Shooter standard difficulty.

It's not about the game difficulty. It's about the people you're playing with :D

For me the Claymore was the only teammate I needed to beat Gold. My first almost-solo was with the Claymore 1 and a Human Infiltrator.

But you're right it is also about the people you play with. For example, some matches go very poorly for me when I have 2 or 3 really bad players on my team. They actually make the game harder for me.

It is sad but true. It would be nice to help out, but they keep dying in the most absurd places. When soloing all the grenades are yours, you can lead enemies wherever you want and you never need to heal anyone in a tough situation.

Often I can't blame them for being rubbish, since the way they equip and build their characters must make the game hard for all but the very best players.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."