Male Quarian Infiltrator or Female for silver?

#11code_kirinPosted 3/7/2013 6:01:26 AM
I simply regret not starting gold sooner. Many other long time players feel the same way. The credit gain is doubled, and for new players especially, that is a big deal. I forced most of my friends into gold pretty much on their day 2.

If you're playing with randoms, you might want to know all the enemy types, objectives, , etc. before hopping into gold. Anyone who tells you you need to be able to solo silver or have all your X maxed out is just being silly though.
#12Finish_th_FightPosted 3/7/2013 6:20:44 AM
Halo_Forever posted...
code_kirin posted...
Yeah, don't worry about it.

Also, I would move onto gold as quick as possible. I think many people's "requirements" for doing well on gold are much too steep. The more gold you do, the better you'll get at it.

Remember kirin that skillwise you are in the top 1-2% of the community, there are quite a lot of people on Gold that are not ready for it.

My prize of the week goes the Cabal me and Jedi carried through three Gold matches yesterday, he didn't break 100k even with his scores combined from those matches. The final match me and Jedi just left him since he was going down every 20 seconds and played the rest of the match as a duo (the fourth guy was a Slayer and you know about those).

The only reason we didn't kick was that he did hack a few four nodes so he wasn't completely useless.

Agreed. People jumping to Silver, Gold or Plat before they are ready is one of the main reasons so many randoms suck.
#13Halo_ForeverPosted 3/7/2013 6:30:21 AM
code_kirin posted...
I simply regret not starting gold sooner. Many other long time players feel the same way. The credit gain is doubled, and for new players especially, that is a big deal. I forced most of my friends into gold pretty much on their day 2.

I guess it depends so much on the player, some low levels know to play to their strengths but most don't seem to do this. On Silver I don't care what people bring, I can usually solo anything it throws. A failed Gold match is at most as good as a Silver match, but costs a lot more in terms of resources. The part I really don't like a the moochers who don't use anything, forcing the other player to stretch their resources thin.

I can agree with this part on one condition: DO NOT BRING THE SQUISHIEST CLASS YOU CAN, way too many seem to bring Slayers and other low level Vanguards to Gold. While the classes aren't inherently bad they do require skill to handle well and the training for that should start at lower levels.

For my part there is also the issue that currently I'm the phase where I'm learning to play Platinum, while diversifying on Gold (classes and weapons used). However all too many low levels in the lobby force me to use certain combinations that I know will get us through the match (Vorcha Sentinel, Turian Ghost, a Krogan). While I like those characters I wouldn't want to be on carry duty all the time.

If you're playing with randoms, you might want to know all the enemy types, objectives, , etc. before hopping into gold. Anyone who tells you you need to be able to solo silver or have all your X maxed out is just being silly though.

Having some basic idea what a character can do would also be nice, I still see Krogans who lack durability, but still try to melee.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....