A question for Gold/Platinum vets...

#1darktonberryPosted 3/7/2013 7:48:28 PM
Is a character only as good as the score that they put up or is there more to it? Is a Volus engineer a credit to his team if he is spec'd for debuffing with his recon and proximity mine? I wasnt hiding in a corner and spamming shield boost as most do. If I wasn't debuffing bosses I was putting bullets on the enemy or reviving teammates. However my manifest sucks so the best gun I could use while maintaining a decent cooldown was my mattock x. However at wave 8 i only had 40k points because while I got a lot of assists I couldnt kill anything remotely as quickly as my teammates. Your thoughts?
#2Dj15Blue316Posted 3/7/2013 7:50:35 PM
As long as you're a help to the team I don't think score matters. I'm pretty damn relieved when I see a Juggernaut on the team even though they're not putting up high numbers.
---
Currently Playing: Mass Effect (PS3), Mass Effect 3 (360), Tomb Raider (360), Dead Space 2 (360), Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS), Pushmo (3DS)
#3perfect_generalPosted 3/7/2013 7:51:47 PM
I don't care at all about score. What matters more to me is if you're helping with objectives and not dying constantly.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#4WatermelonFartsPosted 3/7/2013 7:54:10 PM
perfect_general posted...
I don't care at all about score. What matters more to me is if you're helping with objectives and not dying constantly.

most important part

but if you're not, say, a purely support volus and you're scoring <50k something might be wrong here
---
guide postponed due to unforeseen circumstances
#5TheFeshPincePosted 3/7/2013 7:55:26 PM
#6manbearpig654Posted 3/7/2013 7:57:56 PM
Score only matters when you are below 50k in a UUG or UUP match. That means most of your points came from medals and xp bonuses. I've seen vols score over 150k. If you are reviving, debuffing, and distracting then you won't here any complaints from me. Some of the best geth/platinum matches I've had are were a volus sentinel kept the primes locked down with his decoy.

Mattock is still a pretty good weapon BTW. Aim for the head as a volus.
---
Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you.
#7darktonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 8:02:03 PM
Dj15Blue316 posted...
As long as you're a help to the team I don't think score matters. I'm pretty damn relieved when I see a Juggernaut on the team even though they're not putting up high numbers.

I used a Juggernaut as well and I kept every boss aggro. Used my weapon when I could and only went down once but I ended with 60k + points which isnt a lot but it seems about right for a Juggernaut. I was told that I should have scored higher and I should have done more damage to the enemy. I explained that the Juggernaut shouldnt have a high score as their dps isnt the great because most of the time they need to draw aggro which requires you to melee to keep your shields. He responded that I was wrong because Juggernauts can solo platinum.
#8darktonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 8:05:03 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...

most important part

but if you're not, say, a purely support volus and you're scoring <50k something might be wrong here

I was at 43k on wave 8 I believe. I would have ended at around 70k because of medals and such. Although as multiple comments from said person I just decided I didnt need to stay and listen to it.
#9twinstarnumber1Posted 3/7/2013 8:06:35 PM
Score only matters if you're trying to be offensive and your score is absurdly lower than the other 3 players more or less. However as long as you're trying, participating in objectives, and playing to your character's or the teams strengths your score doesn't matter to me. As long as we get paid i'm happy.
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#10darktonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 8:08:21 PM
manbearpig654 posted...
Score only matters when you are below 50k in a UUG or UUP match. That means most of your points came from medals and xp bonuses. I've seen vols score over 150k. If you are reviving, debuffing, and distracting then you won't here any complaints from me. Some of the best geth/platinum matches I've had are were a volus sentinel kept the primes locked down with his decoy.

Mattock is still a pretty good weapon BTW. Aim for the head as a volus.

Yeah I agree its not a bad weapon I was even using a Targeting 3 amp to boost my headshot damage. But it pales to the better weapons such as a harrier and reegar.