A question for Gold/Platinum vets...

#11darktonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 8:10:40 PM
twinstarnumber1 posted...
Score only matters if you're trying to be offensive and your score is absurdly lower than the other 3 players more or less. However as long as you're trying, participating in objectives, and playing to your character's or the teams strengths your score doesn't matter to me. As long as we get paid i'm happy.

Thats my mentality as well I guess not all people share the same opinion though.
#12Mr_PipboyPosted 3/7/2013 8:17:32 PM
I only really notice deaths and people not helping with objectives.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#13jkocka00Posted 3/7/2013 8:21:18 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...

Especially when people wont medigel when they are about to get stomped.
---
The artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Goddess King, The White King (map not race-I'm Brazilian)
GT: Kocka007
#14manbearpig654Posted 3/7/2013 8:23:24 PM
jkocka00 posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...

Like that scrub Notori0usPlG
---
Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you.
#15RophlecktuinePosted 3/7/2013 8:34:18 PM
darktonberry posted...
Is a character only as good as the score that they put up or is there more to it? Is a Volus engineer a credit to his team if he is spec'd for debuffing with his recon and proximity mine? I wasnt hiding in a corner and spamming shield boost as most do. If I wasn't debuffing bosses I was putting bullets on the enemy or reviving teammates. However my manifest sucks so the best gun I could use while maintaining a decent cooldown was my mattock x. However at wave 8 i only had 40k points because while I got a lot of assists I couldnt kill anything remotely as quickly as my teammates. Your thoughts?

You're good if you make a match easier for the team. Your bad if you make the match more difficult for the team.

----------------
Don't die.
Rescue teammates.
Do lots of damage.
Finish objectives.
---
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
#16darktonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 8:41:50 PM
Ok thanks everyone for the responses
#17BashyMcFetusPosted 3/7/2013 8:58:14 PM
I did some juggernaut tanking on platinum this week. I was consistently the lowest scorer, but no one would argue that I wasn't pulling my weight.
---
By Evolution, I mean Evolution. As in "I look different from my parents because of evolution" ~OrangeWizard
#18gunholePosted 3/7/2013 9:04:27 PM
it depends on the role you're playing within the team.

score is much more relevant for a high DPS kit than a tank or medic...
---
*gamertag
#19darktonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 9:58:55 PM
gunhole posted...
it depends on the role you're playing within the team.

score is much more relevant for a high DPS kit than a tank or medic...

Yeah obviously score is important is you are the slayer but when your play a support character such as a Volus engineer or Juggernaut if you have the highest score then your team probably wiped. The guys comment though was score is what matters. If its low than no matter who you are using youre bad or not helping the team. I dont believe thats the case though. When I use my Paladin I have no problem putting up the top score which I believe may have upset him. He was good dont get me wrong but he just had the attitude that he could do no wrong.

P.S. I love the Paladin easily one of my favorite classes
#20ChiroteraPosted 3/7/2013 10:00:55 PM
jkocka00 posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...

Depends on what wave, or how long the wave has been. Waves 1-5? Meh. Towards the end of a wave on waves 6-10? Also meh.
---
Detroit Red Wings: #9, #12, #7, #10, #1, #19, (#6), (#16), #5