What level does GPS need to be at to be a useful gold weapon?

#1casedawgzPosted 3/8/2013 11:15:36 AM
I'm trying to get into shotguns. I've never really liked the way they handle in this game but I'm gonna give them a go. My GPS is at rank 4. As far as i'm aware, it's my only shotgun worth a damn other than the Reegar, but my Reegar is only rank 1. Should i hold off until I can level it some more or is rank 4 okay to get started?
#2eX CalmunePosted 3/8/2013 11:44:31 AM
GPS is pretty good at any level.
#3Finish_th_FightPosted 3/8/2013 11:48:33 AM
eX Calmune posted...
GPS is pretty good at any level.

This
#4deathscythe257Posted 3/8/2013 11:54:03 AM
Level 1...

The thing IGNORES Armor, and can fire at medium/long range, not to mention it has mild homing abilities
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#5casedawgz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 11:59:01 AM
Should I use a sidearm as well or is it okay by itself?
#6VanargandknightPosted 3/8/2013 12:47:56 PM
Early on when you're not used to the rounds' tracking pack on something light that won't interfere with your power recharge too much, but once you get the tracking down then you can usually drop a sidearm if you're using a class that focuses more on powers, but weapons based classes should pack something else due to the fairly small ammo reserves and the tendency to burn through ammo when using charge shots.

Honestly I use it as a mid range weapon, charge up, and line it up for headshots. Sometimes that kinda screws me over, but once you get a feel for it you can end up cutting through most higher level grunts in two to three shots from a fairly safe distance.
---
"You murdered yourself, I just carried the bullet a while..."
#7DividerByZeroPosted 3/8/2013 12:47:58 PM
It's amazing by itself.

If you don't need a great cooldown, I would bring a good anti-armor weapon though, since the GPS isn't amazing against armor.
---
http://www.dividerscorner.blogspot.com/ - Newest Review: Borderlands 2
GT: TG Divider | NP: Mass Effect 3, Call of Duty 4, Rock Band 3