teach me to geth engineer.

#1Glockass1Posted 3/9/2013 10:28:15 AM
I'm using

Geth Turret: Shields + Damage (4), Armor Damage (5), Flamethrower (6)
Hunter Mode: Power Recharge (4), Power Damage (5), Speed + Vision (6)
Overload: Chain Overload (4), Recharge Speed (5), Chain Overload (6)
Networked AI: Damage + Capacity (4), Power Damage (5), Weapon Damage (6)

And Geth Plasma Shotgun I. What gear do you recommend? AFAIK you throw the turret when you see a group of enemies around the corner, overload and spam the GPS.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#2The D0CT0RPosted 3/9/2013 10:34:36 AM
Geth Turret: Shields/Damage. Armor. Flamethrower
Hunter Mode: Weapon Accuracy. Rate of Fire. Damage
Overload: Chain. Neural Shock. Either is fine, personal preference. Some times I like Chain again, other times I like extra Shield damage.
Networked A.I.: Weapon Damage. Headshots. Weapon Damage

It's a weapon build so any decent weapon works wonders. I like to go with fast firing guns to maximize the benefit from the Rate of Fire increase.
---
Green Lantern of the Comics Board
I have never watched Dr. Who.
#3WatermelonFartsPosted 3/9/2013 10:35:49 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/65391524
---
guide postponed due to unforeseen circumstances
#4Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 10:37:12 AM
The D0CT0R posted...
Geth Turret: Shields/Damage. Armor. Flamethrower
Hunter Mode: Weapon Accuracy. Rate of Fire. Damage
Overload: Chain. Neural Shock. Either is fine, personal preference. Some times I like Chain again, other times I like extra Shield damage.
Networked A.I.: Weapon Damage. Headshots. Weapon Damage

It's a weapon build so any decent weapon works wonders. I like to go with fast firing guns to maximize the benefit from the Rate of Fire increase.

I despise weapon builds because I've started MP 3 days ago and I don't have any decent high level weapons.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=Edgeeeyyy&platform=pc
---
#5bessy67Posted 3/9/2013 10:38:22 AM(edited)
My build is similar to yours TC but instead of the rank 6 overload upgrade I put 6 points into fitness. I find fitness especially helpful on the geth since hunter mode takes away half of your base shields, not half of your overall shields.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#6Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 10:38:56 AM
WatermelonFarts posted...

I did search but most builds and guides suggest items that I don't have so that's why I posted here.
---
#7NaughtyOctopusPosted 3/9/2013 10:40:11 AM
Glockass1 posted...
WatermelonFarts posted...

I did search but most builds and guides suggest items that I don't have so that's why I posted here.

fair enough

geth plasma shotgun weapon damage variant works well on the engineer
#8RassmusseumPosted 3/9/2013 10:41:09 AM
I remember having fun with the melee build back in the day. It obviously doesn't work above Silver, but it's pretty unique. I don't remember the exact skill trees, but basically you spec the turret entirely for healing, throw it in and then run in and heavy melee. This takes your shields away quickly, but that's what the turret's for.

You also skip Overload with that approach too, so that means you avoid anything that boosts power damage in the passive and Hunter Mode. I used to do shields/health for level 4 of fitness, then all melee after that just for a bit more survivibility.
---
GT: The Rassmusseum
#9ZubulPosted 3/9/2013 10:43:24 AM
Omni capacitors work well on the Engineer, but he doesn't need the gear bonus too much. For this reason, it's not a bad idea to bring armored components if your team needs the extra firepower.

For weapon amps, just use a shotgun amp, or a targeting VI. Surprisingly, I found that the strength enhancers actually benefit the Geth Engineer; it gives his melee just enough power to take out some of the smaller enemies.

ALWAYS use incendiary ammo on this guy. It works wonders. If you're low on it, use disruptor rounds or cryo rounds as an alternate. AP rounds are a waste on the GPS (if you plan on using it for the Engineer) so choose something else, preferably the suggestions above. Phasic rounds are decent too.

For armor bonuses, I use either the adrenaline module or power amp. These are pretty self explanatory. Don't use cyclonic modulators, as Hunter Mode drains all your shield anyway. Power efficiency modules can work on him too, but Overload has a fairly quick recharge as does the Geth Turret without any bonuses.
---
Tom Brady for NFL MVP!
GT: I Am Torx
#10bessy67Posted 3/9/2013 10:48:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]