Can't believe there are still people complaining about the ending (no spoilers)

#1wolverine4286Posted 3/11/2013 7:42:09 AM
I can't believe that there are still people that full completely butt ****** by the ending of Mass Effect 3. I finished it and thought 'so that's what people are going on about' but if I had completed the game without seeing any of the complains on here i would have thought, 'ok ending for an amazing trilogy' and that would have been that. I would have accepted it, put 2 and 2 together with the ending loop holes (crater?) and still told everyone that it was an amazing trilogy and last game to the series.

I honestly feel that anyone who gave up on mass effect and BioWare after they finished the game should have, by now felt that BioWare redeemed them selves with the awesome work they did on the extended cut and the dlc that has been released since (especially Citadel, best dlc ever) but I understand that people will feel that they shouldn't have had to wait on the extended cut before getting closure.

There must be others who weren't bothered by all the controversy of the original ending and just enjoyed the trilogy for what it is?
---
Shut up Mimsy!
#2NafzgerPosted 3/11/2013 7:49:24 AM
It's okay to not like the ending. The whole "Hold the Line" movement was pretty asinine, though.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#3xninjagrrlPosted 3/11/2013 7:50:48 AM
wolverine4286 posted...
I can't believe that there are still people that full completely butt ****** by the ending of Mass Effect 3. I finished it and thought 'so that's what people are going on about' but if I had completed the game without seeing any of the complains on here i would have thought, 'ok ending for an amazing trilogy' and that would have been that. I would have accepted it, put 2 and 2 together with the ending loop holes (crater?) and still told everyone that it was an amazing trilogy and last game to the series.

I honestly feel that anyone who gave up on mass effect and BioWare after they finished the game should have, by now felt that BioWare redeemed them selves with the awesome work they did on the extended cut and the dlc that has been released since (especially Citadel, best dlc ever) but I understand that people will feel that they shouldn't have had to wait on the extended cut before getting closure.

There must be others who weren't bothered by all the controversy of the original ending and just enjoyed the trilogy for what it is?

Did you just get around to finishing ME3? If so, you are what the 'hardcore' ME ppl would call a 'casual' therefore you'd never understand . I fit somewhere in between so I can see both points of view on this. I think the main gripe is that Bioware gave us the ending they promised they wouldn't give (ie: a few semi-different endings where ur choices from the trilogy barely mattered)
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#4hghgnbnbPosted 3/11/2013 7:51:29 AM
I honest, especially after the EC, didn't really care that much. Yeah, it was bad, but I wasn't expecting there to be hundreds of different endings based on all my choices throughout the series. I expected maybe 3 or 4... and, hey, look! It was seriously overblown. As an ending by itself, it's bad, but it isn't entirely terrible. I never really hated it. The people acting like it was one of the, if not THE, worst endings to a story in all of fiction. It was bad, but not enough to still be ******** and moaning about it a year later.
---
As always, please pay no heed to Jessica Merizan. She doesn't know what she's talking about
#5Rafficus_IIIPosted 3/11/2013 7:53:32 AM
Why not? People invested five years of their life into this trilogy, some went beyond just playing the game and idolized it. Bioware has a really dedicated and "engaged" fanbase, keep in mind we're talking about the same fanbase who created what Quarian breast milk tastes like, so the unrest shouldn't blindside you. Do I wish the ending would have been different? Yes. Do I wish DLC would have added more DLC options beyond the middle finger known as Refuse? Yes, but I'm not going to let it hold me back from enjoying the game for what it is.

Ending and nitpick criticisms aside, the game was amazing for me. I enjoyed it overall and it did a lot of things right for me; not to mention it connected me with some really great individuals who were fans of the series as well. I'd count that as a win any day.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://i48.tinypic.com/15mbg2t.jpg | The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#620ME2cmpnvetPosted 3/11/2013 7:53:37 AM
I didnt like the ending, but I'm over it.

I think I was at the point of spending years playing the series from the beginning (2007). I felt a little let down on the way they concluded it. After playing ME3 a couple of times I've found that a lot of the games content and story are subpar compared to the other 2.
---
Are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
--Not Changing till Spring. It's cold outside.--
#7TheLast0neAlivePosted 3/11/2013 7:53:50 AM
Thanks for reminding me how bad this games ending was. I hate you!
---
Honestly, I think I'd rather stick my dick in a blender. - Raylan Givens.
#8NafzgerPosted 3/11/2013 7:55:50 AM
Endings we should have had

Control Paragon
Control Renegade
Destroy
Synthesis
Complete and Total Failure (Refuse, I guess)
Big American party! Everyone disco dancing! (GREAT SUCCESS)
A DOG WAS BEHIND IT ALL! (arf arf arf)
Shepard gets warped to an alternate universe where he meets and greets the development team
Macho Man drop the elbow on Harbinger from beyond the grave
IT WAS ALL A DREAM!

Eh, that's pretty much enough
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#9spacecowboy44Posted 3/11/2013 7:56:12 AM
oooo you mean fo-fai..yeah he cries a lot....

i absolutely hated the ending but after a few months...i just didnt care anymore...i wish they would add more to it and great if they do...but o well
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#10MurphysGhostPosted 3/11/2013 7:57:07 AM
A) Don't worry about what other people think. That's not what gaming, or entertainment in general, is about.

B) Complaining about people complaining is a vicious cycle. Let it go! (Also, see 'A'.)
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson