So can people get in trouble...

#1LatulaPosted 3/11/2013 3:34:10 PM
for joining a game, then getting killed pretty much ASAP as soon as the wave starts? Twice today two different people did that, and I know they just want the rest of us to carry the match so they can get the credits. It's extremely frustrating because I finally switched to gold, and that's where it's happened.
---
GT: Moonsetter
There is no Shepard without Vakarian.
#2terrysmay04Posted 3/11/2013 3:35:31 PM
there is nothing you can do about it. its your teammates responsibility to keep those enemies off you while you join.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#3XRamzaXPosted 3/11/2013 3:36:33 PM
Do you mean getting downed at the start of every wave or the wave they join?

Cause most people don't join game with equipment and many who play gold need it to do well.

They also usually are wounded before they are even able to move and depending on where the team is may be surrounded by enemies......
---
Be nice to newbs, you shall be one again someday.
#4Latula(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 3:40:55 PM
I just played a match where someone went out into an open area where enemies were going to spawn, and then just stand there. They didn't do anything. Just stood there. And after each wave, they continued to just stand there. This has happened on two different occasions.

They're not trying at all. They just want the 3 of us to carry the match somehow so they can get the credits at the end.
---
GT: Moonsetter
There is no Shepard without Vakarian.
#5NickiousPosted 3/11/2013 3:45:28 PM
I just rather quit the game rather than knowing someone is intentionally killing himself to leech.
---
"But... it was so artistically done." Thrawn
#6iamdanthamanPosted 3/11/2013 3:52:05 PM
I just make it my personal mission to keep them alive. After a while they will either leave or get booted for inactivity.
---
All your base are belong to us
#7YamatoBeatsPosted 3/11/2013 4:03:37 PM
No, unfortunately. They can't.

In these instances, if I'm playing without friends, I let everyone die and drag the last enemy of the wave out. Test their patience.

On an unrelated note, I've been feeling a bit generous. If you're up for it, I can make the transition from Silver to Gold much easier. GT - YamatoBeats. This way you're not stuck with terribads.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#8ChiroteraPosted 3/11/2013 4:04:14 PM
Depends on if they do it during all following waves.
---
Detroit Red Wings: #9, #12, #7, #10, #1, #19, (#6), (#16), #5
#9TheM00dPosted 3/11/2013 4:10:13 PM
Latula posted...
I just played a match where someone went out into an open area where enemies were going to spawn, and then just stand there. They didn't do anything. Just stood there. And after each wave, they continued to just stand there. This has happened on two different occasions.

They're not trying at all. They just want the 3 of us to carry the match somehow so they can get the credits at the end.

I played a game with somone who was doing that. Me and a friend then made a game out of keeping him alive so he was forced to do something instead of getting kicked. He would run to the other side of the map to get away from us while we were fighting, we would stop what we were doing to be his guardian angels.

Even if there was a Banshee next him we would revive him. He was upset enough to walk over my body when I went down, but it was a fun game me and my friend had protecting him.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER