N7 Slayer?

#31destroyerman455(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 2:41:24 PM
Asmodios posted...
destroyerman455 posted...
Also, what does Biotic Slash even do? Is it like the Smash ability the Cerb Guard has?

No, it's almost exactly like shockwave.

That's kinda a bummer, now I'm kinda leaning towards keeping it 0...

If I do add 3 points to it, i wont be getting the Passive Weapon Damage 6...

I hate decisions.
---
Tactical Assessment, Red Chinese Victory, Impossible.
#32sheepman23Posted 3/14/2013 2:47:32 PM
I highly recommend skipping Biotic Slash. With only Biotic Charge working on a cooldown, you can constantly keep up the 40% power damage boost so that your Phase Disruptors are more powerful than ever.

The Slayer is one of the few Vanguards I like, but try to play him on-host if you can. I find that Charge and PD make for a very laggy game depending on your connection.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#33Game Player05Posted 3/14/2013 3:40:04 PM(edited)
Havoc49J posted...

Why would I ever take the time to Melee when PD is just plain better?

Melee hits more than once per swing, and it hits things in a radius in front of you.

It also doesn't lower your barrier and isn't nearly as difficult to aim on a moving target. The DR helps too, yeah.

EDIT: You can spec into both, fitness doesn't change the drain of your barriers that PD causes, and the Slayer is just as squishy at max fitness that he is with just 3 points in it.
---
Meh, new sig time.
#34Rude HeroPosted 3/14/2013 3:52:45 PM
For some reason people are failing to mention that Biotic Slash even with 3 segments does decent damage, it also goes through walls, it's definitely worth taking, and is fantastic for hack objectives.

All you need to do is use it before an enemy notices you, use it once you have aggro and you will be mowed down due to the start up. The Start up animation does some damage and staggers smaller enemies too at CQC range.

Still Phase disruptor since it's buff is godly. Especially if you Biotic Charge Synergy, back teleport and then PD spam, the damage is tear inducing.
---
Live thine life, as thou seest fit.
#35SRR CapdownPosted 3/14/2013 4:19:03 PM
That's kinda a bummer, now I'm kinda leaning towards keeping it 0...

If I do add 3 points to it, i wont be getting the Passive Weapon Damage 6...

I hate decisions.

There's just not really any point to it. It has a long animation and everything it does, the Phase Disrupter can do better. PD has better range, better stagger, better radius and better damage (and doesn't have a recharge time).

On the Shadow, Electric Slash at 3 is understandable, because she has no other ranged offensive powers, but the Slayer just doesn't benefit from it at all.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#36Rude HeroPosted 3/14/2013 4:59:17 PM
but the Slayer just doesn't benefit from it at all.

It goes through walls and objetcs. Definitely a benefit.
---
#37sheepman23Posted 3/14/2013 6:39:10 PM
Rude Hero posted...

Maybe, but if you're going to play stealthily you shouldn't be playing as the Slayer. Phase Disruptor can have a 7-meter burst radius, which is enough to knock whole groups of enemies flat. It also has instant effect, whereas the shockwaves from Biotic Slash take forever to cover their distance.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#38Rude HeroPosted 3/14/2013 7:06:10 PM
sheepman23 posted...
Rude Hero posted...

Maybe, but if you're going to play stealthily you shouldn't be playing as the Slayer. Phase Disruptor can have a 7-meter burst radius, which is enough to knock whole groups of enemies flat. It also has instant effect, whereas the shockwaves from Biotic Slash take forever to cover their distance.

It's not even about playing the Slayer stealthily, in-fact it's virtually impossible to do so. Say for instance you're unlucky enough to be caught in a situation where you're becoming surrounded by enemies, and your shields have depleted, luckily you're able to teleport through a wall beside you, with bit of knowledge on enemy placement pre-teleport and movement speed, you can gain an advantage using Biotic Slash, killing them or at least weakening them for when they reach the door. By that time Your sheilds have probably recharged and Phase Disruptor is ready to go.

Biotic Slash is situational, like the majority of space magic in the game. You either know when to use it, or you don't.
---
#39KnightsofRoundPosted 3/14/2013 7:20:50 PM
I find that 6/6/3/5/6 build with a Talon + Incendiary Ammo works best.

Fire explosions, fire explosions everywhere.

If you are some sort of super-legit srs bsns type of player who only plays platinum then you may want to skip biotic slash, but I find the 3 points in biotic slash and having an extra (and fun to use) ability to use in situational circumstances to be ultimately more fun to play than having 6 in his passive.

the main thing I'd point out is to make sure you take armor damage for phase disruptor and you'll absolutely wreck everything.

the thing I've learned with this class is just don't play like an idiot and charge yourself into absolutely suicidal situations. even if you're a godly vanguard player you should still be careful, because phase disruptor is kind of a suicidal power in the first place, but it's so powerful that it's worth the risk. really fun class to play and master, but I've always liked the vanguard class.
---
"Mario doesn't blow up power plants" Bush said on thursday. Mario was unavailable for comment.