Common Plat Runs with Shadow

#1KADFCPosted 3/15/2013 4:01:45 PM
I think I'm tired of using the Huntress now. I'll go back if I ever feel something to lean on, but at this point in time, too repetitive. So I want to get back with the Shadow (who I have never done plat on).

So, that got me thinking. So far, most of my plat games have either been on Glacier or Giant. Now my question is for, the majority of the time (not always). Any suggestions would be nice. Plus I need some recommendation for what kind of weapon I should be using.

Glacier: If the team decides to go circles around the areas, I'm fine with that. However, if there's a Jugg in there, chances are we are using that room, while we shoot from the back, I'm having trouble picturing my role. Using SS would be suicidal wouldn't it? There's could be a lot of enemies in the back. If I die and they tried to revive me, that would break off the chain and things could get ugly. In that situation, I could only think of Cloak-> Shoot with the occasional ES

Giant: It's either stay at the top of the building (2 at the back and 2 at the front), or camp at LZ. If it's the building, I can manage, but if we are camping at the LZ, not too comfortable... I mean, all the enemy will be coming from 2 directions (mostly one). It would feel like the same issue I have in staying in the room in Glacier. It's a little bit better since I can escape and all, but not by much.

This is what I'm currently working with at the moment.
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=KaddyKickass&platform=ps3

Haven't spec'd my Shadow yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going with this build:
http://me3multiplayer.com/platinum-n7-shadow-assassin-build-strategy-guide/
#2DividerByZeroPosted 3/15/2013 4:07:15 PM
SS makes the Shadow. You just have to pick your targets.

Don't go after bosses or anything with sync-kills. Your job is taking out the mooks who pose a problem. Heavy-melee'ing Abominations, and SS'ing Marauders, Engineers, Centurions, and Possessed Troopers. Your shotgun can handle anything lower. Anything higher is dangerous.

As for weapons, Wraith with an Omni-Blade is your best bet. It packs a punch, even at lower levels. Plus, it's on-disc, so the Omni-Blade doesn't add weight.
---
http://www.dividerscorner.blogspot.com/ - Newest Review: Borderlands 2
GT: TG Divider | NP: Mass Effect 3, Call of Duty 4, Rock Band 3
#3Cthe34TruthPosted 3/15/2013 4:19:15 PM
I advise you to read this FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/995452-mass-effect-3/faqs/64805

There are some VERY useful tricks you can do with the Shadow that guide covers and you will need to know if you're going to play the Shadow on plat.
---
"So being 10 is not a deterrent from a romance aspect." -pillerofautumn
@_@
#4Cthe34TruthPosted 3/15/2013 4:26:44 PM
Also, like Divider said your first objective is to take out the more dangerous mooks; Abominations (with a melee, they won't explode), Collector Trooper and Captains, Marauders, Cannibals, Centurions, Assault Troopers, Guardians (that guide will teach you how to deal with Guardians), Rocket Troopers, and I might be forgetting one or 2 enemies, should all be your first targets. Because of this I advise taking electrical sword for rank 6 of SM (I believe they fixed this rank, no?). Go for melee attacks on low-end troopers to activate rank 5 of SM, then SS away. This will lead to a lot of one hitters with proper equipment.

Bosses you can and should target: Scions, Primes, Phantoms, Dragoons, Banshees, Brutes (these all have armor, so you won't be doing much damage unless you take fire sword, but SS still does an impressive amount of damage).
---
@_@
#5KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:27:22 PM
DividerByZero posted...
SS makes the Shadow. You just have to pick your targets.

Don't go after bosses or anything with sync-kills. Your job is taking out the mooks who pose a problem. Heavy-melee'ing Abominations, and SS'ing Marauders, Engineers, Centurions, and Possessed Troopers. Your shotgun can handle anything lower. Anything higher is dangerous..

:(

So most of the time, I should just sit back while a boss with sync kill are nearby? Plat is filled with bosses with that kinda of feature though...What about Phantoms though? I thought those were apart of my role?

As for weapons, Wraith with an Omni-Blade is your best bet. It packs a punch, even at lower levels. Plus, it's on-disc, so the Omni-Blade doesn't add weight.

So I should use Wraith IV even though I have a Claymore VIII?

Also, besides that Omni-Blade, what else should I put on it?

Cthe34Truth posted...
I advise you to read this FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/995452-mass-effect-3/faqs/64805

There are some VERY useful tricks you can do with the Shadow that guide covers and you will need to know if you're going to play the Shadow on plat.

Will do, thanks
#6Cthe34TruthPosted 3/15/2013 4:30:09 PM
Yes, use the Wraith 4, with the omni-blade and smart choke (or whichever accessory increases accuracy).
---
@_@
#7Havoc49JPosted 3/15/2013 4:30:41 PM
You can one-shot every non boss/sub-boss enemy with the armor damage evolution, even with the shield restore rank 6. There's no reason not to take the fire sword IMO.
#8DividerByZeroPosted 3/15/2013 4:34:00 PM
So most of the time, I should just sit back while a boss with sync kill are nearby? Plat is filled with bosses with that kinda of feature though...What about Phantoms though? I thought those were apart of my role?

So I should use Wraith IV even though I have a Claymore VIII?

Also, besides that Omni-Blade, what else should I put on it?

Bosses are typically reserved for people who can do more sustained damage than you. If you think it's safe, by all means, but there should be another damage-dealer in the game who can handle it.

Also, your Wraith is really good even at 4, and it gives you another shot if you miss. You won't be using it a whole lot anyway.

Second mod is your choice. Shredder, Choke, whatever. Your preference.
---
http://www.dividerscorner.blogspot.com/ - Newest Review: Borderlands 2
GT: TG Divider | NP: Mass Effect 3, Call of Duty 4, Rock Band 3
#9KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 5:02:37 PM
Okay, thanks guys.