Best Class/set up for Gold Solo?

#1VerbelKentPosted 3/17/2013 11:28:32 AM
About to attempt Gold solo, what in everyone's opinion would be best class and set up to complete Gold Solo?
---
GT-EspadaZaraki
#2Mr_PipboyPosted 3/17/2013 11:30:00 AM
Turian Ghost with a Harrier or PPR
Krogan Vanguard with a reeger vs Geth
AIU with a reeger or a wraith

Those are the OP classes for soloing.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#3VerbelKent(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 11:31:37 AM
AIU or the Jug were my thinking fr solo

simply due to Never needing to waste Med Gel with AIU and well Jugs stupid health
---
GT-EspadaZaraki
#4sheepman23Posted 3/17/2013 11:32:40 AM
It's probably not the best combo, but for my first Gold solo I used the Geth Trooper w/ Cryo Rounds Acolyte vs. Reapers. Flamer destroys everything and Acolyte quickly strips the shields of Marauders and Banshees.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#5VerbelKent(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 11:34:36 AM
The Trooper sounds good but my sheer stupidity would cause me to die fast with him I bet.
---
GT-EspadaZaraki
#6sheepman23Posted 3/17/2013 11:36:27 AM
VerbelKent posted...
The Trooper sounds good but my sheer stupidity would cause me to die fast with him I bet.

The build I used was 6/6/5/5/4 (5 in Fortification) so that I could maximize Flamer's DPS. However, if you want to be tanky, you can also go 6/0/6/6/6 (no Hunter Mode). With a Cyclonic Mod, you can sustain an awful lot of damage before going down.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#7infinitexxPosted 3/17/2013 11:42:08 AM
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Soldier/GethTrooper/AOLPR/Acolyte10BP5BK5//PistolRailAmp3/CyclonicModulator4/ResponderLoadout5/

Geth Trooper is remarkably hard to die as so long as you don't stand around while a Banshee teleports into your face and grabs you.

Giant/Reapers is generally regarded as one of the easier options, just don't hang around out in the open where you'll get caught in a crossfire.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#8VerbelKent(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 11:42:32 AM
Yeah I already rock the 6/0/6/6/6 set up, Never thought to use the Acolyte though, was thinking more of the Reg Carbine. But Acolyte is probably way better on the weight to have good recharge.
---
GT-EspadaZaraki
#9LwilsonjPosted 3/17/2013 11:44:26 AM
While there are plenty of classes that could do it better, I'd suggest just using your best character and whatever enemy that class does well against. My first solo was a Paladin against Geth and my next one will be the Human Adept against either Collectors or Reapers, most likely Collectors since they're slower. So whatever your best character is just use them because you don't want to worry about power rhythm and tactics instead of the enemy's position and battle tactics.

But in case you want those other classes:

Turian Ghost with Harrier, Particle Rifle or Lancer
AIU with a Wraith, Reager or Claymore
Juggernaut with a full-defense setup
Asari Huntress specced for full power damage (this ione is probably the most difficult on the list to master, but it'll require the least work in battle. Basically run around and use DC on everything until they die)
---
"I came through that window like a Navy SEAL."
"You came through that window like a baby seal."
#10VerbelKent(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 11:45:01 AM
I like the set up but need less to say my equipment isn't that great as the link would like to have the character with
---
GT-EspadaZaraki