Best Class/set up for Gold Solo?

#21Apl_JPosted 3/17/2013 4:14:21 PM
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Vanguard/KroganBattlemaster/PAQNR/ReegarCarbine10AM5AL5//ShotgunRailAmp3/CyclonicModulator4/ShieldBooster5/

Use that build against Geth, and you won't have any problems. If you're uncomfortable with a 6 second Charge, you can knock it down to 4.7 seconds if you take the weight options in the Passive tree.

When enemies are far away, charge then Reegar. If they're up close, Reegar a bit, then charge. Don't wait for your shields to go down to Charge, do it early; you'll want to save your health. Nothing will occupy you for more than 3 or 4 seconds except Primes.

Be aware of what waves Bombers spawn, because they can deal a lot of damage very quickly, plus stagger you. When Bombers are on the field, try to kill them quickly. Objectives are easy, but 4 nodes may trip you up. If you get that objective, a good technique is to lure enemies to one side of the map, then quickly sprint back to complete the node. Try to arrange yourself so that you have cover, but that isn't always possible.

As far as gear goes, its interchangeable. Shotgun Amp, Shield Booster, or Geth Scanner all work great on him. Also, if you manage to get a direct kill with Charge, it counts towards Rage, so do that whenever possible too; it helps your survivability a lot, but isn't completely necessary. Also, never turn your back to Primes, as their drone will be able to stagger you.
---
GT: AplJuice
#22Havoc49JPosted 3/17/2013 4:18:28 PM
Cthe34Truth posted...

Oh right, forgot about that.

I got a kill on a brute with volus heavy melee once :P

Try an all Melee Volus gold match sometime. It's hilarious watching a prime surrounded by Volus bubbles screaming as it slowly dies.
#23Cthe34TruthPosted 3/17/2013 4:22:37 PM
Havoc49J posted...
Cthe34Truth posted...

Oh right, forgot about that.

I got a kill on a brute with volus heavy melee once :P

Try an all Melee Volus gold match sometime. It's hilarious watching a prime surrounded by Volus bubbles screaming as it slowly dies.

I have, it's incredibly satisfying. We all cornered a Nemesis at one point and took turns bubbling her XD Also, try the bait-and-switch on a Phantom. If you time it right, you and friends can constantly stagger her with the Bubble.
---
"So being 10 is not a deterrent from a romance aspect." -pillerofautumn
@_@
#24VerbelKent(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 11:54:46 AM
Ha! Was not aware people could check out how I built my classes like that. Shows how much I know or pay attention.

Appreciate the help with all this yesterday. I beat it with my Trooper once yesterday, got the the last objective wave a second attempt but failed the objective due to my own greed on trying to get the devices deactivated before clearing the or luring the enemy away.
---
GT-EspadaZaraki
#25deathscythe257Posted 3/18/2013 11:56:51 AM
TGI w/ Harrier
AIU w/ Reegar
Krogan Battlemaster w/ Reegar
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#26MegaTape13Posted 3/18/2013 12:07:59 PM
VerbelKent posted...
Yeah I already rock the 6/0/6/6/6 set up, Never thought to use the Acolyte though, was thinking more of the Reg Carbine. But Acolyte is probably way better on the weight to have good recharge.

Its not really about the weight. The Acolyte is just really good at stripping shields, stunning mooks, applying ammo effects, and has much better range than the Reegar. Plus it now has a power-boosting mod, which makes Flamer even more ridiculous.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#27VerbelKent(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 12:12:08 PM
Yeah I never used the Acolyte till yesterday actually. The explosion plus the freeze effect from cryo was super nice. Pretty nice set up. One of these days I will get that power amp but my love on boxes is seriously awful. As someone saw I still have not unlocked Krogard yet.
---
GT-EspadaZaraki
#28borg_assassinPosted 3/18/2013 12:43:21 PM
Volus engineer with reegar.
turian ghost with phaeston
AIU with claymore
Krogan vangaurd with wraith

Giant, goddess, vancouver, white are good maps for solo

i would post more combos but too lazy to actually try solo again atm.