lvl 1 characters on silver/ gold

#1OrangePoetPosted 3/18/2013 5:44:46 PM
How good would lvl 1 character with good weapons do on silver/ gold? The reason I ask is because I plan on promoting my characters so people won't kick me when I make the jump to gold... And I don't have the patience to re-level my characters over and over again on bronze.
---
XBL Gamertag: oPUNCHDRUNKo
It's not a matter of luck,It's just a matter of time
#2Drkr_ZenPosted 3/18/2013 5:50:49 PM
If you have good weapons, it shouldn't be too tough if you play smart.

I've rolled with a lv1 Paladin, AIU, Ghost and Destroyer in Gold matches with decent gear and tend to outscore lv20s due to simply playing smart. And, if you can't get kills, at least contribute... debuff things, play medic, etc.

I'd appreciate that from a lv1 more so than kills or getting killed. This is speaking entirely for lv1 on Gold, of course. Lv1 on Silver is easy peasy.
---
Playing: ME3, ZoE2 HD, Anarchy Reigns, MGR:R, Sly 4, Borderlands 2 (GOTY 2012)
"See You Space Cowboy."
#3Havoc49JPosted 3/18/2013 5:51:06 PM
I go straight into Gold. I've never been kicked if I have a level X Ultra Rare and level 3/4 gear equipped.
#48bitPunkPosted 3/18/2013 5:51:38 PM
OrangePoet posted...
How good would lvl 1 character with good weapons do on silver/ gold? The reason I ask is because I plan on promoting my characters so people won't kick me when I make the jump to gold... And I don't have the patience to re-level my characters over and over again on bronze.

Level 1 on Gold is not recommended, even though many of the better players on the board say they do it.

I usually Level 1 Silver when I promote players, and when I do, I make sure I am sticking with the team more than usual instead of doing the whole "lone wolf" thing. Equipping Consumable Ammo (level 1 or 2) as a level 1 Silver player also cant hurt.

Some people will kick a Level 1 character in a silver match. If a vote is every called on me, I select a high level class, then switch back to my Level 1 right before the match begins. Just be sure to show those noobs whats up when you outscore them with a low level character.
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
Need a new Emoticon? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
#5perfect_generalPosted 3/18/2013 5:59:31 PM
I use level 1's on silver all the time. I just use a grenade using class with the grenade gear, especially if they can combo off of it and I usually do fine. I don't on gold just because more often than not it takes longer to find a game where I won't get kicked so I don't bother anymore.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#6iamdanthamanPosted 3/18/2013 6:01:26 PM
I've done it on silver no problem. As long as you have good weapons it's not a problem. But unless you ae a great player, I wouldn't try it on gold unless you are with friends that you know can pick up your slack.
---
All your base are belong to us
#7sheepman23Posted 3/18/2013 6:03:53 PM
Normally I go to Silver with Level 1 characters, and then Gold for everything after that.

As long as you have good equipment and good weapons, there's generally no reason not to use low-level classes on higher difficulty.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#8xionnoixPosted 3/18/2013 6:04:50 PM
i have done it on silver as well. like others mentioned, it's hard to get into a gold game if you are not with people you normally play team up with.

i have no idea why people kick level 1's w/ high level equipment :(
#9sheepman23Posted 3/18/2013 6:55:52 PM
I also find that some classes are much better at lower levels than others are. Grenade classes are always great due to Grenade Capacity, and most characters with Biotic Charge or Cloak will be easier too.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342