wow, people on this board rlly hate Kai Leng

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. wow, people on this board rlly hate Kai Leng
2 years ago#1
I've always been perfectly neutral about him, he just never really made an impression

so why all the hate....is it the sword?
---
http://i.imgur.com/8GzlC.gif
2 years ago#2
Some feel he's out of place in the setting. Some dislike the cutscene incompetence he induces in others. Some haven't let go of his ridiculous portrayal in Deception.
---
There's no box! There never was!
2 years ago#3
I didn't mind him he didn't appear enough for me to care about him to much either way oh and I think the hate is because if you bring Garrus (sp?) on the missions he SPOILERS

kills Garrus
---
A garbage pod!? Its a smegging garbage pod!
2 years ago#4
There's 3 camps that you can fall into (or you may fall into all of them)

1) He's way too anime-like. He was a space ninja, and just pushed too much on very non-sensible ideas. Using a sword over a gun may be cool in concept but in practicality it's very low.

2) He's a bad villain. He makes over-the-top cheesy comments about hating on you, and it's like he's trying to vy for the Illusive's man attention to be favored over Shepard. It's a one-sided rivalry, and he doesn't display any of the clever lines or thought processes he had in the books. (EDIT: Books except for Deception which was an abomination. A possessed abomination. That explodes in your face..../edit).

3) Ridiculously one dimensional. There are no facets to him. He hates to hate, and doesn't say anything or do anything that would make you think there's anything really to him. He's a serial killer without any deeper perogative that just happens to hate non-humans (and some humans too).
---
There's really nothing to say.
GT - Pb Farmer
2 years ago#5
Deception isn't even canon in my book (no pun intended). Now if they were to finish rewriting it and rerelease it, then maybe.

So, I don't mind Kai Leng, but it would have been better if he were a ME2 squadmate who ends up being your enemy here.
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
2 years ago#6
he ate my Cheerios....
---
bacon up that sausage!
2 years ago#7
SageOfLife posted...
Some feel he's out of place in the setting. Some dislike the cutscene incompetence he induces in others. Some haven't let go of his ridiculous portrayal in Deception.

The older books he was written as this great villain people were excited to see in game. Then Deception came out and killed the hype. Then they turned him into space ninja and added all the bad villain cliches to him. Wasted potential instead of just pure hate on him.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
2 years ago#8
SageOfLife posted...

All of this.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
2 years ago#9
The email he sends you. "hey shepard, you're totally lame. I beat you! Bet you weren't expecting me to use a helicopter! Peace brah, until next time (when you surely won't kill me).
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
2 years ago#10
Ryan-06 posted...
SageOfLife posted...

All of this.

Yeah okay, I do remember being annoyed with that. My entire squad and my vanguard Shep were just watching Thane and Kai Leng have this stupid sword fight without doing anything. I was just screaming "charge!" at the screen

they should've been blocked by something or more than 2 meters away from the fight at least
---
http://i.imgur.com/8GzlC.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. wow, people on this board rlly hate Kai Leng

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived