So what happened to Gold?

#1Safer_777Posted 3/19/2013 1:05:48 PM
I remember that at least before the 4th DLC pack,if I tried to play Gold I would get kicked except if it was Glacier/Geth and I was around 1000 lv.Now I see people less than 300 lv play on Gold all the time.The game became easier or there are a lot of new players?
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#2Rhett817Posted 3/19/2013 1:10:09 PM
Lots of new and returning players.
#3DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 3/19/2013 1:52:25 PM(edited)
Power Creep.

More good guns got released that make the old ones look crappy.

More new gear got released.

New Classes that are MAJORLY broken compared to the originals. (Don't even get me started on the Geth Juggernaut or Turian Ghost).

Basically players got alot of new toys to play with and the enemies really didn't. And when they did, they got nerfed later (see collectors and geth). It now takes considerably less skill or teamwork to beat gold. Hell, Gold on release with 4 players was harder than Platinum with 2 players is today.
#4SkitzocrayonPosted 3/19/2013 1:52:28 PM
Rhett817 posted...

yeah. lots of former missile glitchers trying to play legit.....and failing!
---
I believe this topic and every message in it falls under the generally considered patently offensive category and demand a mod delete it!!
#5sir_fredingtonPosted 3/19/2013 2:00:53 PM
Lots of things happened. Explosions were buffed, for one. Before that, classes like the human adept used to suck. And gold was much harder with the default character before these buffs.
#6LazHarshawPosted 3/19/2013 2:01:14 PM
Skitzocrayon posted...
Rhett817 posted...

yeah. lots of former missile glitchers trying to play legit.....and failing!

No, they're still glitching.
#7DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 3/19/2013 2:58:00 PM(edited)
sir_fredington posted...
Lots of things happened. Explosions were buffed, for one. Before that, classes like the human adept used to suck. And gold was much harder with the default character before these buffs.

Correction, Biotic Explosions (and all the others actually) were nerfed damage-wise. The only change was that the elemental explosions can now be triggered without a killing blow.
...Also that some of the new god classes can set them off with incredible ease and some of them like the Paladin get 100% damage bonus on combo-explosions which kinda makes them stronger than they were pre-nerf. Asari Huntress can set them off FROM CLOAK, ect.
#8rfr6073Posted 3/19/2013 3:19:52 PM
There is a reason to kick on Gold before playing at least one game with someone?
---
GT: Pharsalus48
#9spacecowboy44Posted 3/19/2013 3:37:30 PM
...all it means is they dont promote...ive been 300 for months b.c idc about promoting
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#10Safer_777(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 3:49:38 AM
Okay I see.So it is power creep it seems.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~