My 5 yr old daughter gets gold on the arena for me while I do chores and stuff.

#1krono069Posted 3/20/2013 10:55:53 AM
She'll just keep playing it (she LOVES it), getting gold scores over and over while I do things I gotta get done. Then, when it's time for her to stop (I don't let her play all day or anything. Just a little while), I'll have like 9 or 10 gold prizes, which equals out to 90,000 or 100,000 credits. It's awesome!

She's my lil' sweet heart. :)
__
---
"I may lead you astray every now and then, but I'm always a safe bet." ~Mat Cauthon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU
#2xKryptonKnightxPosted 3/20/2013 10:57:07 AM
Pretty soon you'll have her doing gold MP matches.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#3iamdanthamanPosted 3/20/2013 10:57:27 AM
It's awesome that you let your 5 year old daughter play an M rated game?

ITT: great parenting.
---
All your base are belong to us
#4kyro102Posted 3/20/2013 10:57:41 AM
So what you're saying is... i need to have kids?
---
Congratulations. Your statement has officially made me lose faith in humanity
#5MurphirothPosted 3/20/2013 11:02:50 AM

A good parent wouldn't blindly look at the rating and decide if their child can play it based solely on that. They'd take into account the content of said game and the maturity of the child.

A little girl playing the combat arena, which amounts to nothing more than an intense game of laser tag, is nothing to criticize the TC for.
---
Gamertag/PSN-Murphiroth
"Would have liked to run tests on the seashells..."
#6iamdanthamanPosted 3/20/2013 11:06:51 AM
Murphiroth posted...

A good parent wouldn't blindly look at the rating and decide if their child can play it based solely on that. They'd take into account the content of said game and the maturity of the child.

A little girl playing the combat arena, which amounts to nothing more than an intense game of laser tag, is nothing to criticize the TC for.

Suit yourself, but I don't even play any FPS/TPS while my kids are up, let alone let them play them.The ratings are there for a reason, you should take them into account.
---
All your base are belong to us
#7code_kirinPosted 3/20/2013 11:07:39 AM
xKryptonKnightx posted...
Pretty soon you'll have her doing gold MP matches.

I'd welcome an improvement to the current pugs.
#8xKryptonKnightxPosted 3/20/2013 11:08:51 AM
iamdanthaman posted...
Murphiroth posted...

Suit yourself, but I don't even play any FPS/TPS while my kids are up, let alone let them play them.The ratings are there for a reason, you should take them into account.

This game isn't exactly GTA or God of War, but its a fair point.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#9LazHarshawPosted 3/20/2013 11:09:34 AM
You're 5 yearold daughter is better them me. There goes the rest of my self conference.
#10MurphirothPosted 3/20/2013 11:12:54 AM(edited)
Murphiroth posted...

Where did I say you shouldn't take them into account? I said you shouldn't blindly follow them like they're gospel. I mean, you can, but that just screams laziness to me. The ratings aren't there to do your parenting for you, they're there to help you make an educated decision about the game. The content of the game is what matters, not the letter slapped on the box. I wouldn't let a kid play GTA or God of War due to the extreme violence and gore, but Mass Effect is a different story. The gameplay itself is pretty inoffensive IMO. The romances might be a little much for a younger kid, but again, that's all personal opinion.
---
Gamertag/PSN-Murphiroth
"Would have liked to run tests on the seashells..."