vorcha engineer is just terrible.

#1RophlecktuinePosted 3/22/2013 3:31:33 AM
Im working on a build vid with demonstration (i solo wave one of platinum)
and so far ive used 3 respec cards on him, only to realize if you are serious about soloing platinum, you cant rely on his powers for damage, so you have to spec for weapon damage and take a good gun. Very dissapointed. He is also very squishy.
---
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
#2andy12handyPosted 3/22/2013 3:33:45 AM
Wow, what a totally new and revolutionary thought.
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
#3Rophlecktuine(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 3:48:50 AM
andy12handy posted...
Wow, what a totally new and revolutionary thought.

I know its been said over and over, its just frustrating.
---
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
#4perfect_generalPosted 3/22/2013 4:15:52 AM
I disagree about the squishiness part (with max fitness and bloodlust for health regen he's quite durable) but I agree that it seems the most effective build revolves around weapon damage.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#5hghgnbnbPosted 3/22/2013 4:28:53 AM
Why is there even a Vorcha Engineer? That sounds to me like a Salarian Soldier or a Quarian adept.
---
As always, please pay no heed to Jessica Merizan. She doesn't know what she's talking about
#6code_kirinPosted 3/22/2013 4:41:22 AM
hghgnbnb posted...
Why is there even a Vorcha Engineer? That sounds to me like a Salarian Soldier or a Quarian adept.

If he had goggles, you wouldn't be complaining.
#7hghgnbnbPosted 3/22/2013 4:46:11 AM
code_kirin posted...
hghgnbnb posted...

If he had goggles, you wouldn't be complaining.

Well, no... then I'd be asking how Vorcha are wearing goggles with no ears...
---
As always, please pay no heed to Jessica Merizan. She doesn't know what she's talking about
#8sheepman23Posted 3/22/2013 5:44:16 AM(edited)
inb4thegreatryan

I always do 6/6/6/5/3, but it still sucks, and I've never used him on Platinum either - only Gold. He just has an extremely underwhelming skillset. I want to like him, I really do... but as far as tech bursts go, there are several other characters that do it much better. He just doesn't really have anything going for him other than Bloodlust, which does give him a good amount of durability.

Maybe I'll try the weapon damage build.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#9CoconutMayPosted 3/22/2013 6:00:18 AM
Give him a Talon with AP and Heavy barrel mod

Spec Sub Net for shock and use Incinerate to detonate it

Blood Lust (Or whatever it's called, haven't played Vorcha in a while) helps keep him alive to make proper use of the Talon

Honestly I don't know why people keep insisting he's a bad class. Just because he's not as good as the other Vorcha doesn't mean he's bad. Is it just because he can't solo Platinum? Or is it because people think Incinerate is a bad power (Which I've also never understood; I personally like it)?
---
Have you seen my sisters? Last I saw them they were standing in a row. They are quite lovely.
#10perfect_generalPosted 3/22/2013 6:50:10 AM
I like this class a lot actually. He's one that works better than you'd think on paper. I don't rely on tech bursts at all, many other classes do it much better. What works great for me is a build around max bloodlust for durability, max fitness and passives for weapon damage and rely on submission net and a good sniper rifle (Kishock is my sniper of choice for him). With that, I can systematically drop grunt units with ease and help setup tech bursts on larger enemies. Haven't tried him yet on platinum but works great on gold.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"