Was it ever explained why none of the ME 2 crew made it as ME 3 crew members ?

#1VasDeferensPosted 3/23/2013 3:00:08 PM
Your ME 3 team is essentially half ME 1 companions mixed with rookie ME 3 companions ( and yes I'm counting EDI in this ). All the relationships and loyalty you worked so hard for in your ME 2 team and they just become NPC quest givers in ME 3 .

This might have been taken up before, but did a dev give any official word as to why the decision was made not to include ME 2 companions ?
#2Eamon696Posted 3/23/2013 3:02:30 PM
The suicide mission is why.
#3Urdnot_RuntPosted 3/23/2013 3:10:24 PM(edited)
They wanted a "more personal intimate squad dynamic", or something like that.

In other words, they were too lazy to spend time finding a way to make people who can die in one game possible squaddies in subsequent games.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#4edgecrusher02Posted 3/23/2013 3:12:36 PM(edited)
yea i always kind of figured the suicide mission was why. that is just a ton of variance to have consider. there are so many people that could be alive or dead.

they kind of screwed themselves with the way they did ME2 in more ways than one. that type of finale should have been reserved for the end of the series, not the end of the second game that didnt really advance the main plot at all. the middle entry in a trilogy is usually mostly filler with some big reveal at the end. instead we got filler and the reveal happened at the end of the series.

at the very least i always thought that LI characters from ME2 should have been able to become squad members in ME3 provided you chose to continue that romance. then, and only then. it would add replay value and unique scenarios.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed. no gods, no kings... only man.
#5Mr_arizonaPosted 3/23/2013 3:07:23 PM
Nothing official or anything they want to admit but because the possibility of them being dead or not really would've been a chore to write lines for them if no one had them alive and put in all the variables of each mission and conversation.
Garrus and Tali are a miracle to have made it in. Early info leaks had Tali only for the Geth/Quarian missions and she stays with the fleet. Fan outrage would've been high if those 2 didn't make it in.

Short answer: Too much work for all the death outcomes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
#6RKO_ViperPosted 3/23/2013 3:08:57 PM
Laziness. Plain, and simple.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#7Eamon696Posted 3/23/2013 3:11:10 PM
RKO_Viper posted...

It has to do with resources, not laziness.
#8edgecrusher02Posted 3/23/2013 3:18:33 PM
Eamon696 posted...
RKO_Viper posted...

It has to do with resources, not laziness.

that and im sure EA breathing down their necks to release it when they wanted caused them to have to cut some stuff.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed. no gods, no kings... only man.
#9abyssPosted 3/23/2013 6:02:11 PM
'We want to spend $100,000 putting this character in the game. Also, they may or may not be dead in most peoples games'.

Yep, that sure as hell sounds like they were just too lazy to do it.

(Also, no, I don't know how much it actually costs to put a character in the game. Though I can pretty much guarantee it's more than you may think.)

Though, Miranda still should have been a party member.
#10deathscythe257Posted 3/23/2013 6:07:17 PM
lazy writing
---
Yes, this is a signature.