How You Can Beat Platinum in 30 minutes

#11deathscythe257Posted 3/27/2013 1:18:16 PM
if looking to play platinum on giant. Need juggernaut, infiltrator, and 2 other heavy damage characters...

I use my geth trooper to do so... 1000+ DPS with my flamer after all the boosts... Liquifies banshees/atlas/primes... Plus primes for Fire Explosion...

Consistently finish in 25 mins
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#12SRR CapdownPosted 3/27/2013 1:21:10 PM
I love how everyone on the internet is an expert without facts or details.

giant or glacier is the closest thing to a tip in this thread.

Except literally all that matters is having good team mates and communication and that was the first thing that was said.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#13terrysmay04Posted 3/27/2013 1:42:59 PM
Typical Plat match with me and friends ends up around 25 mins.

i don't think I have ever failed a round when playing with people from this site.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#14DrazulterPosted 3/27/2013 2:43:11 PM
Just for the sake of my own curiosity, what is the average time for Platinum match? Is 30mins a good time for a plat pug.
---
You don't believe in want I'm doing, How much more do I have to prove you,
I can't give up what I've started, I'm not a quitter this is what I do ~ Pain
#15NafzgerPosted 3/27/2013 2:46:54 PM
I find that the average game usually goes like this, per difficulty:

Bronze 10-15 minutes
Silver 10-20 minutes
Gold 15-25 minutes
Platinum 20-30 minutes

Somewhere in there at least.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#16rfr6073Posted 3/27/2013 2:57:01 PM
splooshIRL posted...

The video is more about the map position than anything else. I find Platinum challenging with friends because it isn't so simple as people like to boast. Also I consider using more than 2 rockets (of my own) a failure. Just personal preference.

Feel free to teach me your tricks me3 masters. I'm listening.

I find the LZ is a much better place, especially when you have flamers on the team. As a flamer, I ran with some groups camping over in the control room which was disastrous for me, I had to go outside to the crate area to be of any use. My advice for camping on Giant stay in the LZ area, an infiltrator taking cover inside the building with long lines of sight, a Juggernaut just in front of him. and a flamer in the building near the stairs alternating between covering the stairs and having right hand advantage on anything approaching the LZ. Fourth guy can be whatever class, preferable a second infiltrator though. Completes the game 20-25 minutes depending on the enemy, hardly any rockets/medigel/equipment used. This is either with all PUGs or one or two friends by the way, communication within a live party reduces the completion time significantly.
---
GT: Pharsalus48
#17KADFCPosted 3/27/2013 3:26:22 PM
Yesterday I played a plat on glacier. 3 friends with mics. I have a mic, but I rather not use it unless needed. During their conversation, they said "hey, he should be go enough... as support. He hides in the back and revive when needed." All the while laughing. They were playing as 1 Jugg and 2 flamers. Basic strategy.

During the game, I used 2 missiles and I was 1st place most of the time. They died way more than me. Actually, I think I was down once because I was in the back; just how they told me. When someone noticed I was 1st place at wave 11, they started spamming their cobras. I got 2nd, but hey, what a great game. No complaints
#18splooshIRL(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:20:50 AM
rfr6073 posted...
splooshIRL posted...

The video is more about the map position than anything else. I find Platinum challenging with friends because it isn't so simple as people like to boast. Also I consider using more than 2 rockets (of my own) a failure. Just personal preference.

Feel free to teach me your tricks me3 masters. I'm listening.

I find the LZ is a much better place, especially when you have flamers on the team. As a flamer, I ran with some groups camping over in the control room which was disastrous for me, I had to go outside to the crate area to be of any use. My advice for camping on Giant stay in the LZ area, an infiltrator taking cover inside the building with long lines of sight, a Juggernaut just in front of him. and a flamer in the building near the stairs alternating between covering the stairs and having right hand advantage on anything approaching the LZ. Fourth guy can be whatever class, preferable a second infiltrator though. Completes the game 20-25 minutes depending on the enemy, hardly any rockets/medigel/equipment used. This is either with all PUGs or one or two friends by the way, communication within a live party reduces the completion time significantly.

Will give it a try. This thread keeps amusing me with people spouting off claims of 14 minute runs. The video is about map positioning and how easy platinum is using it... If you are going at a 14 minute pace are you implying skill? Or are you sitting on a strategy you don't want to share?
---
Xbox live: splooshIRL
http://www.youtube.com/user/splooshIRL
#19WatermelonFartsPosted 3/29/2013 9:23:26 AM
lol 30 minutes
#20TimeShinigamiPosted 3/29/2013 9:50:18 AM
No skill needed, just one Drell Assassin and 3 Talon Merck on glacier. Kill all the spawns but the downstairs one, put the Recon mine down there, have the guy on the landing pad kill that hallway with mines, and the guy in the doorway/at the top of the long staircase nuke the bottom spawn with Cain mines. Easy.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- Piferm01