Hoq do you build your Human Engineer?

#1YamatoBeatsPosted 3/24/2013 5:00:31 PM
I use both of them in a variety of ways but I haven't used them often. That may be because I haven't found a suitable way to do so.

I used my female mainly as an assault/crowd control type, pairing her with an automatic weapon and subduing crowds with Overload and Incinerate. I very rarely used the Combat Drone but when I did, it was surprisingly effective, keeping up its own CC and detonating from death in a crowd. I went 66606 in her because I wanted the extra shields but then I noticed she wasn't doing enough damage.

Should I skip out on some health and put some points into her passive? Maybe skip out on some other skill? As I said before, she's effective as is, I'd just like some other options.

Also, I will not follow a Paladin or AIU. Cryo Explosions hurt my teeth.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#2WatermelonFartsPosted 3/24/2013 5:01:10 PM
i don't spec my female engineer because females r dumb
#3MurphysGhostPosted 3/24/2013 5:14:44 PM(edited)
6/6/6/5/3

It sucks being squishy, but the extra points in fitness don't do much on a base human kit, anyway.

I spec the drone to detonate, shield/damage and chain, overload is chain, neural, shield damage, and Incinerate is damage, damage, armor damage. Passive is power damage, power damage.

I usually use either a light shotgun with some range (Eviscerator or Wraith) or a solid heavy pistol (Arc Pistol, Talon, Carnifex, Paladin, etc.) with her.

Edit: Though honestly for Gold/Plat it's probably just as well to go 6/6/6/6/0 since the extra 125 health and shield is essentially irrelevant and you're not going to be using melee. I just have a bad habit of wanting that 3 points in Fitness. ;)

---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#4Mr_PipboyPosted 3/24/2013 5:08:31 PM
I do 4 in drone (detonate), 4 in fitness and max the passive for power damage. Then spec overload for either crowd control or damage depending on playstyle. Always spec incinerate for damage.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#5perfusionmanPosted 3/24/2013 5:13:12 PM
I do 5 in the drone so I can do 6 in the passive. the last bit of drine isn't good enough to give up the extra damage in passive. and if you pick drone rockets but cast it near a baduy, it'll move away to get into rocket range instead if stating close to explode.
---
Who is this man? He makes crime a career and women a hobby!
#6DuneManPosted 3/24/2013 5:13:15 PM
On Gold I find the suicidal drone better suited for that difficulty. It's a great way to draw aggro away from teammates and provide some crowd control on top of Overload and Incinerate combos. The death explosion will also proc tech combos. The drones usually don't live that long on higher difficulties. Bronze/Silver makes for good rocket drone fodder though.

Treat them like a more fragile Male Quarian variant that takes longer to kill things.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#7sheepman23Posted 3/24/2013 5:17:58 PM
6/6/6/5/3 is pretty standard for me, with Detonate/Shock/Chain Lighting on the drone. I use it for crowd control and use Incinerate and Overload in combination for fire explosions. The Talon with Cryo Rounds works pretty well as a weapon if you take Freeze Combo on Incinerate. Power Magnifier Mod, Omni-Capacitators, and Power Amp Mod all help maximize the damage that his powers do by themselves, although I sometimes swap the Power Amp for Shield Power Cells since he is a bit squishy.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#8deathscythe257Posted 3/24/2013 5:22:18 PM
My Favorite Character!

Cerberus Speed Caster:

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Engineer/Human/ARNOR/Mattock10AF5AE5/Hornet10AU5BB5///OmniCapacitors5/

0/6/6/6/6
mattock/hornet

Nonstop fire explosions/tech bursts! Mattock for everything else!
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#9find no fan tar seaPosted 3/24/2013 5:26:08 PM(edited)
WatermelonFarts posted...
i don't spec my female engineer because females r dumb

>:(

I guessing that you're swinging for the other team? Nothing is wrong with that of course and FYI, you're mother is a woman - at least i hope so!
---
IF you like JRPG or Pokemon, go do youself a favor and play Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#10perfect_generalPosted 3/24/2013 5:26:21 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
I do 4 in drone (detonate), 4 in fitness and max the passive for power damage. Then spec overload for either crowd control or damage depending on playstyle. Always spec incinerate for damage.

This is exactly what I do for my male human engineer. The female engineer, I mess around with weird builds.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"