What the hell is wrong with this class? Day 55 Turian Cabal Vanguard

#21melvin343Posted 3/26/2013 8:43:22 AM
Jedi_Mercenary posted...
melvin343 posted...
After reading everyone post, I just got this class yesterday and I have not play the MP in 2 months, this is just telling me that this class sucks and I wad just looking forward to playing the Cabal.

Don't judge the Cabal by reading posts. Some people love her others can't seem to accomplish anything with her. She fits my play style perfectly and I have absolutely no problems with her damage output (are people trying to Poison Strike things to death instead of shooting?). My advice is to go shield regen Focus, skip Poison Strike and give her good CQB weapons. Leave bosses for last and devastate infantry. She will have very good survivability while taking down mooks fast enough.

Okay just finish playing the MP and took your advice boy this is the best class I play. She has good damage output and her Dodge is not that squishy as the slayer or N7 Fury. Thanks for the advice and for this poll, voted what the hell is wrong TC. (No offence Charmile)
---
Brad Pitt, There's no silencer on that shotgun. How are you supposed to kill anyone softly without a silencer?
XBOX GT: Player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.
#22BiggyDXPosted 3/26/2013 9:33:36 AM(edited)
Her powers are, for the most part, weak. Quite frankly, she seems to be more along the lines of a soldier since she has great weapon passives and a defensive ability that regenerates her shields in addition to the nightshade blades. Its mostly her mobility that is her saving grace in terms of survivability.

Edit: Also, I doubt poison strike will ever become a good offensive ability. Its mainly for getting out of bad situations and setting off biotic and tech explosions. I imagine if you play with someone with reave, dark channel, or radial tech powers its viable but really its not a well executed ability.
--
Gamertag: My user name.
#23perfect_generalPosted 3/26/2013 10:43:20 AM
If nightshade blades could setup biotic explosions, then I think that would be more than sufficient to address her shortcomings.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#24Trigger_MonkeyPosted 3/26/2013 11:30:41 AM
Havoc49J posted...
Crap Skills.

Poison Strike is terribad.
Biotic Focus has worse defensive stats than Biotic Charge, and none of its offensive abilities.
Nightshade Blades deal decent damage, but for a grenade power it's still rather weak.

Damage output is also an accurate answer, but that's a result of her terrible skills.

---
Solaire of Astora for Playstation Allstars.
Official Gregor of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Message Boards.
#25AnonymousFriendPosted 3/26/2013 11:54:54 AM
Mattheau posted...
Players not understanding what the class actually is. The direct damage isn't as good compared to some classes (although it is a lot better than many characters if you are hitting multiple targets). However, they are effectively immortal when played properly on a lot of maps. They are also far and away the best class at distracting enemies if you want them to not converge on a particular area.

It's not a class where you can slap on the right build and do well. It's a class where you have to understand how the abilities work, how the map is set up, have situational awareness of where enemies are, and have the twitch skills to make all of those things work for you.

They aren't going to rack up kills or points as fast as some other classes, but, properly played, they aren't going down. If they never go down, they are always going to win. They aren't very well suited for a couple of the mission types, but they are quite good at some of the others.

The biggest flaw is that it is a hard class to play and people can't force fit it into being a direct combat class.

All of that is good and well, but this isn't really a game where you want to be toying with enemies. More than half the other characters in this game would have finished off the enemies and been in the next wave while the Cabal is still doing her thing ... in the next wave and closer to getting paid.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#26SRR CapdownPosted 3/26/2013 12:06:28 PM
All of that is good and well, but this isn't really a game where you want to be toying with enemies. More than half the other characters in this game would have finished off the enemies and been in the next wave while the Cabal is still doing her thing ... in the next wave and closer to getting paid.

Pretty much this. Sure, I can play her on Plat and die maybe once or twice the entire game and she's a good medic and objective class, but her damage output is so poor that she's far outdone by other classes (even with her decent passives). I can play any Infiltrator and barely die either, contribute more/better towards objectives and score thrice as much.

She's absolutely fine on Silver and Bronze, but she's just... Ineffective on Gold and Plat. Her powers are far too buggy and don't deal half as much damage for her to be worth it.

I'm going to vote other, because my biggest problem with her is just how disappointed I was with how she turned out. In theory she's an amazing class, but in practice she's just average.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#27NafzgerPosted 3/26/2013 2:03:39 PM
I picked other, because I didn't have an option for "what the hell ISN'T wrong with this class". Worst vanguard of all time.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#28Jedi_MercenaryPosted 3/26/2013 3:27:01 PM
SRR Capdown posted...

Pretty much this. Sure, I can play her on Plat and die maybe once or twice the entire game and she's a good medic and objective class, but her damage output is so poor that she's far outdone by other classes (even with her decent passives). I can play any Infiltrator and barely die either, contribute more/better towards objectives and score thrice as much.

She's absolutely fine on Silver and Bronze, but she's just... Ineffective on Gold and Plat. Her powers are far too buggy and don't deal half as much damage for her to be worth it.

I'm going to vote other, because my biggest problem with her is just how disappointed I was with how she turned out. In theory she's an amazing class, but in practice she's just average.

Any Infiltrator is pretty much better than any other class, comparing the Cabal to them is just plain unfair. It is like comparing a gun to the Harrier. Of course the Harrier will be better.

She is far from inefficient on Gold if you build her right and give her good weapons. She is a great weapons platform since she can fight effectively at any range and has added recoil control together with shield regen and great shields. Many strong guns are risk reward weapons that she can take the most out of. It is the difference of having the Flamer on a Trooper or a Drell. The ability might still be good on a Drell and an expert right hand abuser can still be very efficient with it, but the Trooper really just is better with it generally. Guns like the Reegar, Hurricane or Raider are far better on the Cabal than on most classes.

I wonder if it is the crapiness of the Poison Strike that has everyone disappointed? I often skip powers on classes and can see one bad power as a strength, then you don't have to sacrifice anything important. If you try to get a good damage output with that piece of crap I can understand that one finds her lacking.

I also don't tend to play Platinum, and I can believe her DPS starts to be a bit lacking on that difficulty setting.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#29MasterVashPosted 3/26/2013 3:41:29 PM
I voted Power Synergy, considering two of her powers are just Biotic Charge broken in half and fighting for cooldown.
---
"Someone at BioWare ate lunch?! Must mean new Ham Sandwich faction!"
-Bahslel, from Reddit
#30Charmile(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 5:02:37 PM
bump
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?