Why would anyone kick from silver, or even gold?

#1GoldenSWarriorsPosted 3/26/2013 3:01:27 PM
I just joined a gold game as a level 1 volus with level 1 equipment on, and people started to kick me, so I had to switch to a level 20 and then switch back at the last second.

I ended up getting first place. I had to use 4 missiles saving people from praetorian sync kills. I had the most revives. I had to solo wave 10 of condor/collectors with no missiles or medi gel. (used all my medi gel transmitting people up)

The nerve of some people to try to kick me from their game when they are terrible themselves. It makes no sense. And if they were good players, then they also shouldn't have to kick me since they would be good enough.

If you kick people from games that aren't unknown/unknown/platinum, shame on you.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#2terrysmay04Posted 3/26/2013 3:04:04 PM
Not everyone knows how good you are though >_>

Chances are if a random wandered into my lobby as a level 1 volus he might get kicked. Unless he had something that told me I could trust him like a really high UR.

Just remember most people suck at this game, and its hard to give the benefit of a doubt to random players.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#3bessy67Posted 3/26/2013 3:11:00 PM(edited)
If I'm hosting gold and a level 1 comes in then I usually vote to kick. I wouldn't with people I normally play with but I've had too many bad experiences with randoms.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4sheepman23Posted 3/26/2013 3:10:05 PM
It depends. While I usually only kick on Platinum, I could see where a Level 1 Volus would look suspicious if you didn't know the player. I always look at things like equipment and weapons; if they've strapped on Level 3/4 stuff and are using a good weapon, then fine, but sometimes I just get the feeling that they're going to leech.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#5Jedi_MercenaryPosted 3/26/2013 3:15:18 PM
Do you have any idea how many people who aren't ready for Gold that I meet on that difficulty setting? I simply haven't got the faintest idea of how they were planning on getting through that difficulty setting.

How many people on this planet do you think actually have the skill to play Gold effectively with a lvl 1 Volus?
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#6TimeShinigamiPosted 3/26/2013 3:16:30 PM
I only kick on Platinum. I have no problems carrying anybody on gold and below. Been kicked a few times over the last week though, made a topic about it this morning on how I trolled the guy.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- Piferm01
#7KazumiAmanoPosted 3/26/2013 3:16:32 PM
On Silver, I'd NEVER kick. It's perfectly reasonable to solo Silver with any class.

On Gold, I usually won't kick, sometimes taking newer (read - less than 120 N7 level) players with default weaponry. However, if I'm not personally using a class I'd feel comfortable soloing with, I'll be a bit more selective. Usually I'll take guys with decent N7 levels (2,000+) regardless of their class or weaponry, though I have had my expectations betrayed by these types more than once.
---
"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly
#8SolidDroidPosted 3/26/2013 3:21:18 PM
Shame on me then. I try to kick low level juggs on gold all the time... Id rather have a terrible player spamming powers then some dude just.. Walking around..
:p
---
Gamertag- DROlD
(I is a L)
#9Jedi_MercenaryPosted 3/26/2013 3:26:46 PM
SolidDroid posted...
Shame on me then. I try to kick low level juggs on gold all the time... Id rather have a terrible player spamming powers then some dude just.. Walking around..
:p

I love Juggernaut players myself. They don't tend to drop dead every fifth second. I am being bitter now but lately I have had bad teammates in co-op matches and waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too many hack 4 nodes in my soloes.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#10iamdanthamanPosted 3/26/2013 3:28:53 PM
If someone has a higher N7 than me(3000), I will give them a pass, even if they suck and we wipe, it's really no big deal to me, I am ok with not winning every match, and often times I will be plaesantly surprised by a level one helping me carry two noobs through the match.

Though I have not had that problem much lately, I have been grinding waves on silver to finish challenges, and what I have been getting is a bunch of tryhards slapping on their best classes/weapons and level 3 consumables to try to outscore me when I am using common weapons to finish their challenges, and I usually am still outscoring them until the extraction wave when they go around missiling everything to boost their score. I laugh every time, at least it makes extraction easier for me, I can just sit in a corner and wait for the timer to wind down, then book it to the pickup zone. I hope it boosts their ego to be able to tell their friends that they once outscored a N7 lvl 3000 once in a silver game.
---
All your base are belong to us