Looking to do a Engineer in SP (need advice on BP)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Looking to do a Engineer in SP (need advice on BP)
2 years ago#1
Looking to do my first Engineer in SP. However I'm having a hard time coming up with a bonus power to use. I thought I do Defense Drone but the damn thing doesn't seem to do much of anything.

Not to mention when I was doing some testing out on the class in the Prologue and on Mars I rarely used the pet abilities as I favored doing Cryo Explosions or Tech Bursts off of Liara and Kaidan's Biotics. Let's just say even on Insanity I thought I was on Normal Mode.

Also thinking I'll probably use the Harrier since at Tier 5 i still have almost close to 180% power recharge speed.
---
XBL GT: Hippeus Omega
2 years ago#2
An Engineer already has pretty much everything you need power wise. I recommend an ammo power.
---
There's no box! There never was!
2 years ago#3
Incendiary/Warp/AP ammo...he already has enough abilties as a caster
---
Yes, this is a signature.
2 years ago#4
Defense Matrix is a great bonus power for Engineers. It's basically an "instant shields" button that also gives you a 25% bonus to tech power damage while active. It does reduce your power recharge speed, but this can be negated through bonuses from Liara's intel and picking armor pieces that reduce recharge speed.

Energy Drain is also good for the same reasons. Its offensive capabilities do overlap a bit with Overload, though.

Warp, Armor-Piercing, and Incendiary Rounds are all good choices if you plan on shooting a lot.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
2 years ago#5
Defense Matrix or an ammo power. DM gives you some protection and can regen shields in an emergency, and ammo powers make you more useful with weapons, although if you use squadmates with ammo powers and give them evo 4b so all squadmates get their effects that isn't necessary.

Energy drain could work, but since you already have Overload the only reason to use it is the shield regen and DR, both of which Defense Matrix does better IMO. Most of the other damage-dealing powers are pointless when you can make plenty of combos with your existing powers. None of the other "shield" powers like Fort are as useful as DM since it regen's shields AND evo 5 gives bonuses to tech damage.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
2 years ago#6
Inferno grenades. Perform fire explosions the way it was meant to be done.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
2 years ago#7
xKryptonKnightx posted...
Inferno grenades. Perform fire explosions the way it was meant to be done.

This. With both Chain Overload evolutions, you pull of multiple Fire Explosions about every 3 seconds.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary, its the stupid ones that need the advice.
2 years ago#8
SageOfLife posted...
An Engineer already has pretty much everything you need power wise. I recommend an ammo power.

This.

Either warp ammo or inferno grenade if you want a grenade power.
2 years ago#9
AP ammo helps.
---
I should go.
2 years ago#10
Defense Matrix is an all around great bonus power. Little extra protection, and get your shields back in case the enemy drops them. The CD penalty isn't really even noticeable.

If you don't have problems staying alive, then I'd go with an Ammo power, as the Engineer has pretty much everything else covered. AP would be my recommendation.
---
PSN - Fakade000
Xbox Live - Fakade
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Looking to do a Engineer in SP (need advice on BP)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived