First time Platinum?

#1CoconutMayPosted 3/29/2013 8:15:48 PM
Did my first two Platinum games today, and I'd like to know how well I did:

1) White/Cerb., TGI (Original, I know), finished all objectives but no extraction, 43 min
This match went surprisingly well. I was honestly surprised at how much damage I was doing; it felt like it was more than Gold (Probably because we were all focusing the enemies). I'm fairly certain we would have extracted if the Cabal and Batsent were level 20 (They were both lvl 16). Had to finish off a wave with a bunch of Atlas', a few Banshees, and a Phantom left, so I abused the hell out of the Right Hand Advantage and used up almost all of my items.

Build was 6/3/5/6/6 (I think that's the order; I had three in Stim). Lancer I and Acolyte X. AP IV ammo, Warfighhter, AR mod, Stabilization booster

2) Rio/Reapers, Collector Adept (Probably my second best class; first is Shadow, but it wouldn't work on Plat.), full extract, 39 min.
We had a Juggernaut with us and a Volus (As well as a Krogan who really didn't do much), so he tanked and we didn't have to abuse "The Box". It was used twice; once by me when a Banshee refused to leave me alone, and once by me and the Volus after all hell broke out during the 4 Devices (We were tag-teaming the devices since I had the Seeker DR and a full shield build while the Jugg. sat in the middle and tried his best to get as much attention as possible and the Krogan was...somewhere...). We all abused the RHA at The Box's end of the map and it went fairly smoothly; even the Pizza objective we had. I ended up with ~140k+ points, with the Jugg. in second with ~80k+ (Volus was last, but was the lynchstone that made this work).

Build was 6/5/3/6/6. DS for full radius (My Gold build; it still OHKOs cannibals). CSMG IX and Acolyte X. Warp IV, Expert Package, Power Amp IV, SMG mod

So how'd I do? Do I get to stay in Platinum, or should I practice more?
---
Have you seen my sisters? Last I saw them they were standing in a row. They are quite lovely.
#2WatermelonFartsPosted 3/29/2013 8:18:15 PM
i think you should practice more if you have to ask if you should practice more
#3CoconutMay(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 8:21:50 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...

The reason I ask is because I don't know how long a "Standard" Platinum game should be
---
Have you seen my sisters? Last I saw them they were standing in a row. They are quite lovely.
#4WatermelonFartsPosted 3/29/2013 8:23:13 PM(edited)
CoconutMay posted...
WatermelonFarts posted...

The reason I ask is because I don't know how long a "Standard" Platinum game should be

with people from here i can clear platinum in no later than 25 or 26 minutes unless we're all messing around or something goes terribly wrong

edit: which means that either your randoms sucked and you're actually okay, or that everybody sucked.
#5Enemy_AC130Posted 3/29/2013 8:24:36 PM(edited)
Most of the platinum games I complete are around 25-30 minutes. Long ones are around 35 minutes and short ones can get down to 20-23.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i.imgur.com/niJah96.jpg
#6CoconutMay(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 8:25:58 PM
Also, consider I mostly play with randoms and my average Gold match is ~30 min
---
#7sheepman23Posted 3/29/2013 8:27:30 PM(edited)
With friends, a regular Platinum match normally takes 25-30 minutes. If it's on Glacier, then it's usually closer to 20 minutes.

With randoms, if we can get done in less than 40 minutes then I'll be happy.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#8Mr_PipboyPosted 3/29/2013 8:26:50 PM
CoconutMay posted...

Should be about 25 minutes (+ or - 5 minutes) depending on the team.

Your goal should be to complete it within the time frame it would take to complete 2 gold matches. If you can run gold in 20 minutes, then its worth your time to play 2 gold matches in that time than play one 45 minute platinum match.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#9Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 3/29/2013 8:28:54 PM
if you're straight up pug'in then anything past 40 mins and you should be worried. With groups of friends who communicate you should be around mid 20's and in the 30's you should worry
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#10CoconutMay(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:39:21 AM
So ~40 min is pushing it? Guess I'll practice a little more, trying to do Gold missions even if the others have terrible gear
---