Best sniper rifle in this game? (platinum level only)

#11sheepman23Posted 4/1/2013 7:20:40 AM
Black Widow.

Honorable mentions to the Javelin, Widow, and Collector Sniper Rifle.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#12WyrmcraftPosted 4/1/2013 7:56:32 AM
Valiant also get's a special mention for being Stupid light and fairly effective. Not Black Widow damage mind you but if you need the recharge speed it's a good weapon
---
"INSOLENT MORTAL...
...I like you." ~ Eribanus the Elemental
#13OEIO999Posted 4/1/2013 2:23:20 PM(edited)
Widow IMO

Instant shot, hefty DMG, good reload time and allows for quick-cover aka loose enemies line of sight, and get back into it.

Edit: On the SI you can make miracles happen.
#14Enemy_AC130Posted 4/1/2013 2:22:11 PM
Javelin is the best for single shots, and the Black Widow is the best for multi shots.

I am biased towards the Incisor, and although it is far from the best sniper rifle, it's damn good considering it's an uncommon weapon.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i.imgur.com/niJah96.jpg
#15terrysmay04Posted 4/1/2013 2:31:34 PM
Javelin by a fair margin for me. The BW is no.2 and then probably the CSR.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#16xionnoixPosted 4/1/2013 3:18:46 PM
like the others mentioned, javelin is pretty good, i have mine only at level 1, still fare's well. ran it on platinum a few times w/ salarian and geth infiltrator, still able to OHK kill lower level enemies with proper mods.

i personally prefer black widow.
#17NeroonPosted 4/1/2013 3:26:43 PM
If there was no Shield Gate mechanic it would be the Javelin, but in practice the Black Widow is better in almost any situation:

- Mooks: Black Widow can oneshot kill them just as easy and with two bullets to spare in case you miss or there are more mooks.

- Bosses: Big and easy to hit. Getting all three bullets on target is usually not difficult so you do much more damage per clip than with the Javelin.

Mid-level Enemies: That's where the BW outclasses the Javelin the most. With one clip I can kill any Centurion, Marauder, Engineer, Collector Captain, Rocket Trooper, Hunter, etc. With the Javelin no matter how much firepower your Javelin may have on paper you still only bring down it's Shields and then need to reload before killing it.
#18TyrannicalPosted 4/1/2013 3:35:40 PM
Phasic rounds bypass shield gate, and since we're talking platinum you should be using equipment anyways.
---
Australian customs: Do you have a criminal record?
Me: I didn't think you needed one anymore.
#19NeroonPosted 4/1/2013 3:38:43 PM
If we are talking equipment then you have to compare a Javelin with Phasic rounds to a Black Widow with AP or Incendary ones.
#20headscar918Posted 4/1/2013 7:01:25 PM
N7 Valiant
---
"White cannot possibly understand the color black without becoming gray."
GT: Skakul | MC: K07HeSc | DN: Skakul