Best sniper rifle in this game? (platinum level only)

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Best sniper rifle in this game? (platinum level only)
2 years ago#21
Tyrannical posted...
Phasic rounds bypass shield gate, and since we're talking platinum you should be using equipment anyways.

Wait What!?

Phasic rounds negate Shield Gating?! Since when?
---
i7 920| GTX 560ti 1280MB TwinFrozr III 448 Core OC| 15GBRAM | EAW650W | CorsairForce 90GB SSD | 2TB HDD
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
2 years ago#22
crawdad posted...
Tyrannical posted...
Phasic rounds bypass shield gate, and since we're talking platinum you should be using equipment anyways.

Wait What!?

Phasic rounds negate Shield Gating?! Since when?

I've heard it doesn't negate shield gate, it just gives a 10x multiplier against shields, so the shield damage is insane, therefore the 25% damage that gets through the shield gate is still decent damage.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i.imgur.com/niJah96.jpg
2 years ago#23
Might bring out the old Widow X again now.

Or maybe BW some platinum :D

But that's awesome
---
i7 920| GTX 560ti 1280MB TwinFrozr III 448 Core OC| 15GBRAM | EAW650W | CorsairForce 90GB SSD | 2TB HDD
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
2 years ago#24
phasic rounds bypass shield gate if 150% of the weapon damage is > the enemy's shields.

that said, seems like it would be difficult for a single shot sniper to top the charts if only platinum were considered...(edit : awaiting corrections from code K...)
---
bacon up that sausage!
(edited by gunhole)
2 years ago#25
Black Widow is the best by faaaaaaaaaaar.

Javelin and Valiant are good too.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Best sniper rifle in this game? (platinum level only)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived