For people who use squishy characters in platinum. How do you guys survive?

#1G_P_L_APosted 4/1/2013 9:38:17 PM
lets assume there's no tank, and the match has 2-3 infiltrators (aggro dump).

how do you guys manage to survive all 11 waves?
---
LEGIT 6 LYFE
#2NaughtyOctopusPosted 4/1/2013 9:39:46 PM
if there were other infiltrators on my team i wouldn't even care about dying
#3NaughtyOctopusPosted 4/1/2013 9:40:06 PM
NaughtyOctopus posted...
if there were other infiltrators on my team i wouldn't even care about dying

but seriously just use right hand advantage and cast behind walls.. that's about it
#4Mr_PipboyPosted 4/1/2013 9:42:37 PM
Always be moving. Taking cover or camping a spot for too long will get you killed.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#5sheepman23Posted 4/1/2013 9:46:54 PM
Well, I never usually survive all 11 waves. Even with a tanky character you're bound to go down once or twice.

I think that squishy characters have a misconception of not being able to handle tons of damage, when in reality they have so many methods of evasion. Take the Drell Assassin, for example. With four points in Fitness, he has 775 health and 387.5 shields. Pretty terrible, in other words; however, this is offset by his fantastic dodging ability and high movement speed. Whereas a tanky character is not going to be able to run away from that set of Praetorian lasers, the Assassin can fire in-between the laser attacks and quickly dodge out of the way when they strike again.

I just try to keep moving, be aware of my surroundings at all times, and not charge into the middle of chaos.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#6G_P_L_A(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 9:55:00 PM
sheepman23 posted...
Well, I never usually survive all 11 waves. Even with a tanky character you're bound to go down once or twice.

I think that squishy characters have a misconception of not being able to handle tons of damage, when in reality they have so many methods of evasion. Take the Drell Assassin, for example. With four points in Fitness, he has 775 health and 387.5 shields. Pretty terrible, in other words; however, this is offset by his fantastic dodging ability and high movement speed. Whereas a tanky character is not going to be able to run away from that set of Praetorian lasers, the Assassin can fire in-between the laser attacks and quickly dodge out of the way when they strike again.

I just try to keep moving, be aware of my surroundings at all times, and not charge into the middle of chaos.

makes sense, and this comes with experience as well.

However, the important waves such as 3, 6, 10 where running away and dodging isn't effective especially assassination, hacking, uploading, and escoring missions are in effect
---
LEGIT 6 LYFE
#7YamatoBeatsPosted 4/1/2013 10:06:34 PM
Three words.

No wasted movement.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#8XgArrancarPosted 4/1/2013 10:56:48 PM
Take advantage of your mobility.

Drell with adrenaline mod become ninjas that can dodge most enemy fire just by strafing lateral from their line of sight.
---
"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"
#9SRR CapdownPosted 4/2/2013 1:10:28 AM
It just takes practice, the more you're used to playing Plat, the easier it is to survive and perform as an class you like.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#10KADFCPosted 4/2/2013 2:57:52 PM
G_P_L_A posted...
sheepman23 posted...

makes sense, and this comes with experience as well.

However, the important waves such as 3, 6, 10 where running away and dodging isn't effective especially assassination, hacking, uploading, and escoring missions are in effect

True. Yet, I hope people to learn to get away from incoming fire. Even if that means you stop doing the objective, that doesn't mean you're not helping. At least others won't have to waste their time constantly reviving you when they can be doing something else to finish the objective.