Which sniper rifle to use?

#1drumble89Posted 4/2/2013 9:09:18 AM
I've just started using the infiltrator kits and sniper rifles but I'm not that good at using them yet. Can anyone suggest a good sniper to use to begin with? I've got all of them. but not all at X.
---
Shut up! You don't know nothin'.........'bout anythin' :3
GT: diabolus89
#2gunholePosted 4/2/2013 9:15:22 AM
TGI with the incisor
Huntress w/ CSR
SI & BW....
---
bacon up that sausage!
#3MichoticPosted 4/2/2013 9:16:32 AM
I'd say the Valiant is a good starter weapon. It's light so you can bring something else in case you need it without screwing over your cooldowns. It also has low recoil in case you miss.

Once you get used to lining up those shots, then I'd say go with something that packs a bigger punch.
---
PSN - Fakade000
Xbox Live - Fakade
#4sheepman23Posted 4/2/2013 9:17:48 AM(edited)
The Black Widow is pretty excellent; I have mine at III and it wrecks.

The Javelin is a great weapon, but I don't particularly like the charge-up features of it (or the extremely low ammo capacity).

The Widow and CSR are also pretty good Rare sniper rifles. The Kischock is great too, but try to use it on-host since the projectile can be a bit laggy.

EDIT: I forgot about the Valiant, but it's a pretty good starter sniper rifle. It has more leeway for error than some of the more powerful ones due to the quick reload speed and three shots per clip.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#5LFCKINGSPosted 4/2/2013 9:35:06 AM
Mantis? has to be a good Rifle to use. It's the default Sniper after all...
---
Smeg Head.
#6perfect_generalPosted 4/2/2013 10:14:11 AM
Valiant. It's not only easy to use but it's also a top tier weapon.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#7NS_RegentParkPosted 4/2/2013 10:26:03 AM
LFCKINGS posted...
Mantis? has to be a good Rifle to use. It's the default Sniper after all...

It's a dead man's Widow. (LOL, get it?)

Anyway, would definitely recommend the Raptor, Incisor, or Indra. Not traditional SR's but solid on an Infiltrator.

The CSR is a poor man's PPR.

Black Widow and Valiant is solid for multiple shots.

Javelin and Widow is for the experts who will definitely make the shot.
---
GT:InTheZoneTO
I'm pretty sure the Crucible was supposed to harness the dark energy of Haestrom to destroy the Reapers
#8Lord of NightmaresPosted 4/2/2013 10:51:48 AM
If you have all of them, then go with the Black Widow. Even at level I, it completely wrecks standard grunts on Gold if you're good with headshots, with the added advantage that you don't have to reload after every shot.
#9rhubarbotPosted 4/2/2013 11:04:12 AM
NS_RegentPark posted...

The CSR is a poor man's PPR.

Only if you hold down the trigger. If you treat it like a semi-auto weapon, it's really quite good.
#10ravenscourgePosted 4/2/2013 11:17:12 AM
The Incisor is often mocked among ME3 players, and I guess I could see why some people can't hit anything with it, but don't listen to their nonsense. It has alot of recoil but underneath that tough exterior is a powerful, FUN gun that will make the ladies blush when you drop 100k with it.

I love the incisor. :) Might pack a stability mod though.... :P
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3