Guns that are generally considered good but you consider horrible.

#1Halo_ForeverPosted 4/4/2013 4:38:22 AM
Mine has to be the Wraith. I don't know what I am doing wrong with it, but whenever I use it, it feels like a Scimitar with two shots. Even two shots rarely bring down opponent shields on Gold in situation where I have used the freaking Scimitar to do it (even Wraith headshots feel ridiculously weak 80% of the time).

What am I doing wrong? On paper this thing should be stronger than the Raider, but it feels downright horrible.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#2YamatoBeatsPosted 4/4/2013 4:40:03 AM
You're missing.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#3SRR CapdownPosted 4/4/2013 4:42:23 AM
What level is it? Wraith X with Smart Choke and High Velocity Barrel and Disruptor/Phasic rounds can two shot captain level mooks at range on Platinum.

For me it's the Javelin. I don't like the wind up for it, especially off-host.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#4MattheauPosted 4/4/2013 4:44:10 AM
I'm going to have to agree with the above poster. You are missing.

The Wraith does over three times more damage per shot than the Scimitar.

On the other hand, due to the rapid rate of fire, Scimitar is a lot more forgiving of being inaccurate. If you spam enough shots, you might hit something eventually.
#5Mr_PipboyPosted 4/4/2013 4:44:33 AM
For me its the Hurricane. Its not that I can't get it to work, its just that i don't enjoy playing the classes that benefit most from it.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#6sheepman23Posted 4/4/2013 4:48:09 AM
I don't know if the Raider is generally considered to be a good weapon, but I hate it. I'm also not a big Javelin fan; I recognize that it's a great weapon, but I just don't like the charge-up shot or the extremely low ammo capacity.

Also, the Wraith is bloody amazing. That is all.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#7YamatoBeatsPosted 4/4/2013 4:48:29 AM
On topic, I hate the Reegar. It's a damn fine weapon and one of the best in the game but I hate it. For some reason the blue flames give me ADD spaz moments and I feel like I'm firing a ****ing chain gun.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#8Halo_Forever(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 4:51:43 AM(edited)
YamatoBeats posted...
You're missing.

The Wraith does this to me even when it is a enemy in stasis and the reticule is centered on its head. And then it will sometimes OHK a mook when I shoot it in the toes.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#9MattheauPosted 4/4/2013 4:57:57 AM
Halo_Forever posted...
The Wraith does this to me even when it is a enemy in stasis and the reticule is centered on its head. And then it will sometimes OHK a mook when I shoot it in the toes.

That actually is justifying the argument that you think the Wraith is bad because you are inaccurate even more.

It works both ways. If you think you are making a bad shot, you will occasionally randomly make a good shot because of the same general lack of accuracy that makes you think you are making a good shot, which turns out to be a bad one.
#10chill 02Posted 4/4/2013 5:51:50 AM
Anything that's not a hitscan weapon, really.
---
I should go.