I'm playing ME2 now and I just watched the Gamespot review of ME3

#31FlyingholePosted 4/8/2013 3:19:12 PM
CrusnikCain posted...
don't its down hill from there

Don't listen to the communist lies. Me3 is great and you will enjoy it. I would say don't rush though, Me2 is a great experience and should not be hurried through.
---
And so he spoke, and so he spoke...
That Lord of Cast-a-mere
#32Carribean_CoolPosted 4/8/2013 8:49:16 PM
hghgnbnb posted...
PoopMasterGoetz posted...
hghgnbnb posted...
ME has the weakest gameplay

People keep saying this, and I really don't get it. Did everyone forget how to use the power wheel? ME1 had great gameplay and it was overall more tactical than the sequels.

Yeah, it had great gameplay! Except for how it was clunky, you pull away from walls sometimes when you don't mean to. Everyone had too many powers. Wrex was functionally invincible...

Squadmates being useful is a bad thing? ME1, you actually felt like a team, unlike the later 2, where its just Shepard and 2 people tagging along.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#33RedArchangel20Posted 4/8/2013 8:54:35 PM
LOL @ anybody saying 3 wasn't a good game on its own. The ending was bad, but everything before the final 3% of the game was an incredibly high achievement in video gaming.

We saw the logical, satisfying conclusions to so many arcs and loose ends we made or left in the previous two games. The gameplay is undoubtedly the strongest and it strikes a perfect middleground between the RPG character creation of ME1 and the streamlined combat of ME2.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7GpU.jpg Most beautiful woman in the world
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzpf1y3cy1qf6y79.gif Kiss the rings.
#3420ME2cmpnvetPosted 4/8/2013 9:04:33 PM
hghgnbnb posted...

People keep saying this, and I really don't get it. Did everyone forget how to use the power wheel? ME1 had great gameplay and it was overall more tactical than the sequels.

You mean once you hit the 40's in lvl you are either a Biotic God or a Walking Tank.

Dont get me wrong I love ME1 the most out of the 3. It actually felt like a RPG, but the combat could have used some TLC.
---
Are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
--Not Changing till Spring. It's cold outside.--
#35Illusive_VorchaPosted 4/9/2013 12:13:25 AM
RedArchangel20 posted...
everything before the final 3% of the game was an incredibly high achievement in video gaming.

Yeah, a bunch of inane no content fetch quests and "choices" that merely amount to arbitrary numbers are the pinnacle of gaming.
---
Proud supporter of the Capcom & Sega/PG boycott.
#36hghgnbnbPosted 4/9/2013 6:15:19 AM
Carribean_Cool posted...
hghgnbnb posted...
hghgnbnb posted...

Yeah, it had great gameplay! Except for how it was clunky, you pull away from walls sometimes when you don't mean to. Everyone had too many powers. Wrex was functionally invincible...

Squadmates being useful is a bad thing? ME1, you actually felt like a team, unlike the later 2, where its just Shepard and 2 people tagging along.

Being "useful" and being "invincible" are 2 very different things. Further, what ME3 did you play? I always chose my squad carefully to maximize power synergy
---
...or sometimes, "I'll talk to you later." Because, you know what? I never do. Leave them wanting more.
#37Nacht004Posted 4/9/2013 6:17:59 AM
hghgnbnb posted...
ME has the strongest narrative but weakest gameplay
ME2 has the strongest characterization
ME3 has the strongest gameplay but the weakest narrative

Agreed.
---
There's really nothing to say.
GT - Pb Farmer
#38adept89Posted 4/9/2013 6:49:42 AM
hghgnbnb posted...

If by "tactical" you mean "slow" because you spent most of your time as a non-biotic waiting for an enemy's immunity to wear off, then yeah, I suppose you're right.
---
Heavypress.
Human beings are just so damn interesting!
#39Halo_ForeverPosted 4/9/2013 7:13:07 AM
RedArchangel20 posted...
LOL @ anybody saying 3 wasn't a good game on its own. The ending was bad, but everything before the final 3% of the game was an incredibly high achievement in video gaming.

We saw the logical, satisfying conclusions to so many arcs and loose ends we made or left in the previous two games. The gameplay is undoubtedly the strongest and it strikes a perfect middleground between the RPG character creation of ME1 and the streamlined combat of ME2.

I agree about the gameplay and upgrade system being good, but logical is not present anywhere in the ME3 story right from the beginning to the very end, the only place you will find anything sensible is in the Codex, the rest waltzes on herp derp logic from beginning to end.

Notably your incredibly high achievement in video games includes the entirety of Kai Leng whose Incompetence Aura (both on him as on his enemies) was mythical.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#40ShiningArmorPosted 4/9/2013 7:49:34 AM
Halo_Forever posted...

I agree about the gameplay and upgrade system being good, but logical is not present anywhere in the ME3 story right from the beginning to the very end, the only place you will find anything sensible is in the Codex, the rest waltzes on herp derp logic from beginning to end.

Notably your incredibly high achievement in video games includes the entirety of Kai Leng whose Incompetence Aura (both on him as on his enemies) was mythical.

Several character arcs were brought to logical conclusions throughout the course of 3.

In response to TC, take your time on 2 and really enjoy the characters. It makes the plot of 3 that much more enjoyable.

I just got finished with an ME1 playthrough on Saturday and the narrative was much blander until Virmire/Ilos/Ending than I remember. The characters didn't pop as much for me either.