I'm playing ME2 now and I just watched the Gamespot review of ME3

#41RedArchangel20Posted 4/9/2013 7:07:59 PM
RedArchangel20 posted...
LOL @ anybody saying 3 wasn't a good game on its own. The ending was bad, but everything before the final 3% of the game was an incredibly high achievement in video gaming.

We saw the logical, satisfying conclusions to so many arcs and loose ends we made or left in the previous two games. The gameplay is undoubtedly the strongest and it strikes a perfect middleground between the RPG character creation of ME1 and the streamlined combat of ME2.

I agree about the gameplay and upgrade system being good, but logical is not present anywhere in the ME3 story right from the beginning to the very end, the only place you will find anything sensible is in the Codex, the rest waltzes on herp derp logic from beginning to end.

Notably your incredibly high achievement in video games includes the entirety of Kai Leng whose Incompetence Aura (both on him as on his enemies) was mythical.

So you weren't satisfied with the *spoilers*

Krogan-Turian Alliance, the Genophage arc, or the Geth-Quarian War arc?

Seriously, what could you have possibly changed in any of those storylines?
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7GpU.jpg Most beautiful woman in the world
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzpf1y3cy1qf6y79.gif Kiss the rings.
#42hghgnbnbPosted 4/9/2013 8:50:15 PM
RedArchangel20 posted...

Halo refuses to suspend his disbelief with Kalros and doesn't like that the Geth are made out to be the victims of the Morning War. I'm sure there's more though...
---
...or sometimes, "I'll talk to you later." Because, you know what? I never do. Leave them wanting more.
#43Halo_ForeverPosted 4/9/2013 10:53:27 PM
RedArchangel20 posted...
RedArchangel20 posted...
LOL @ anybody saying 3 wasn't a good game on its own. The ending was bad, but everything before the final 3% of the game was an incredibly high achievement in video gaming.

We saw the logical, satisfying conclusions to so many arcs and loose ends we made or left in the previous two games. The gameplay is undoubtedly the strongest and it strikes a perfect middleground between the RPG character creation of ME1 and the streamlined combat of ME2.

I agree about the gameplay and upgrade system being good, but logical is not present anywhere in the ME3 story right from the beginning to the very end, the only place you will find anything sensible is in the Codex, the rest waltzes on herp derp logic from beginning to end.

Notably your incredibly high achievement in video games includes the entirety of Kai Leng whose Incompetence Aura (both on him as on his enemies) was mythical.

For instance with the Krogan-Turian Alliance my main question is why? Of all the races available the Turian desperately want to have the one... that doesn't have a fleet, which is what you need to properly defeat the Reapers. I mean even Shepard doesn't really want the Krogans, he/she wants the Turian Fleet.

Even the Miracle of Palaven sadly has the same sort of detractors that people mentioned when we were discussing how to defeat the Reapers prior to ME3, all sorts of things like gathering all the Reapers in a system and then nuking the Relay on them, has the sort of issue that the Reapers have endured thousands of cycles, I wouldn't be surprised if they have seen the entire spectrum of desperation. Thus a species such as the Turians would be especially expected to try such a suicide wave to take the Reapers with them. It is still a lot better than most of what the game offers, but then again it is directly from the Codex.

For the Geth-Quarian War, I'm annoyed at several factors including the one where the Quarians decide to pick this of all times to attack in the first place. If anything this should have been in ME2. There is also the general contrivance of suddenly being able to kill off every single Geth or every single Quarian. Not the mention the complete 180 that the Geth pull on their position.

The Genophage arc has the "they're killing Reapers with a giant worm"-section, which is the most stupid section in the game and that is saying something already*. Not to mention that the paranoid Salarians decided to build the Shroud facility right next to the Kalross's lair.

The Genophage arc would be a lot better by just nixing the Kalross entirely and bombing the Reaper destroyer with Thanix cannons. You get the same effect

*It feels like watching a decent serious action movie and then suddenly the main character stabs a bunch of goons with a banana.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#44CrusnikCainPosted 4/12/2013 9:42:45 AM
Flyinghole posted...
CrusnikCain posted...
don't its down hill from there

Don't listen to the communist lies. Me3 is great and you will enjoy it. I would say don't rush though, Me2 is a great experience and should not be hurried through.

i didn't say he wouldn't like it but ME3 is a step down from ME2
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#45edgecrusher02Posted 4/12/2013 10:30:15 AM
i think ME2 is a step down from ME1 minus handling and individual characters and their development, and then ME3 is somewhere in between the two. thats not to say that ME2 isnt still great at what it does. but concerning the main story, ME2 is just a weird direction to take things considering what the first game established.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed. no gods, no kings... only man.
#46StonedwolfedPosted 4/12/2013 1:47:08 PM
roo10158 posted...
Stonedwolfed posted...
The lack of new crew. Yeah, EDI and one DLC guy. Compare that to either ME1 (you had Tal, Garrius, Wrex) or the rosta-rich ME 2.

Don't forget James Vega

Human soldier. Ashley with pushups. Even Jacboish. Yes, space marine type space fighter. And I say this as someone who actually liked Vega. Liked the conversations and dialogue. But this is Mos Eisley Cantina type space weird. ME 2 had the likes of Zaeed, or Legion, or Jack, or Mordin, or Samara. ME3 the only free new crew is a "yeah well I joined the army because I was doing so many pushups at school".
---
KOTOR 3 not existing is the reason Mass Effect is the greatest space opera rpg trilogy.
#47StarCox20Posted 4/12/2013 2:12:24 PM
I did like in ME3 that there was interaction between different squadmates on the Normandy.
---
NFLB's #1 Eagles fan 2011/12/13
Formerly NA29
#48StonedwolfedPosted 4/12/2013 11:46:46 PM
Yeah, that was very cool.
---
KOTOR 3 not existing is the reason Mass Effect is the greatest space opera rpg trilogy.
#49SolidStryderPosted 4/13/2013 12:09:05 AM
Illusive_Vorcha posted...
RedArchangel20 posted...
everything before the final 3% of the game was an incredibly high achievement in video gaming.

Yeah, a bunch of inane no content fetch quests and "choices" that merely amount to arbitrary numbers are the pinnacle of gaming.

Troll harder, casual.
#50StonedwolfedPosted 4/13/2013 6:41:49 AM
SolidStryder posted...
Illusive_Vorcha posted...
RedArchangel20 posted...
everything before the final 3% of the game was an incredibly high achievement in video gaming.

Yeah, a bunch of inane no content fetch quests and "choices" that merely amount to arbitrary numbers are the pinnacle of gaming.

Troll harder, casual.

He's 100% right about the "choices" that really come down to arbitrary numbers that really don't have an emotional impact on the end game.

He's completely wrong about the fetch quests of course. That's Skyrim. The quests in this game are story, plot or character driven.
---