Multiplayer Tips: The Store

#1eratas123Posted 4/7/2013 7:49:42 AM
Right now I'm carting around with an N7 machine gun that fires two bursts and a locust SMG for all my characters, mostly because I keep getting stupid shotguns like the Geth Plasma and the Graal.

So I need advice: Should I continue spending all my money on the 99k spectre packs, or buy the cheaper packs first so I can get more diverse weapons, equipment, and characters? I did get lucky once and managed to get an Awakened Collector Adept, but so far the 99k packs seem to be giving me garbage.
#2overkill_78Posted 4/7/2013 7:51:49 AM
First off, Geth Plasma Shotgun is an awesome weapon, the Graal is also pretty good if you're host. They're both better than the Locust, that's for sure.

Second, still with Vet packs until you have your uncommons maxed, maybe treat yourself to a Spectre every once in a while.
---
Change your name, change your eyes, become the one who I despise.
Gamertag: Nevik overkill
#3eratas123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 7:53:30 AM
overkill_78 posted...
First off, Geth Plasma Shotgun is an awesome weapon, the Graal is also pretty good if you're host. They're both better than the Locust, that's for sure.

Second, still with Vet packs until you have your uncommons maxed, maybe treat yourself to a Spectre every once in a while.

Maybe so, but I suck with Shotguns:/ Given that I use engineers, soldiers, and Adepts, I prefer lighter weapons or accurate weapons. Hell, I want a Cerberus Harrier, but it's really frigging elusive/
#4Mr_PipboyPosted 4/7/2013 8:06:00 AM
eratas123 posted...
overkill_78 posted...

Maybe so, but I suck with Shotguns:/ Given that I use engineers, soldiers, and Adepts, I prefer lighter weapons or accurate weapons. Hell, I want a Cerberus Harrier, but it's really frigging elusive/

+5 points for using elusive correctly.

Yes, stick with the 99K packs. The uncommon weapons kind of suck (yes, even the Mattock) next to many of the URs even a level 1.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#5sheepman23Posted 4/7/2013 8:11:27 AM
If I could go back and do my MP experience all over again, I would've bought PSP's from the start. There are a few good Uncommon weapons (the Mattock and Tempest in particular), but I say go for the Rares and UR's.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#6eratas123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 8:12:23 AM
On a side note, why is it so effing hard to get a decent amount of med-kits? I have over 40 restore packs, over 50 ammo packs, and over 60 missiles, but I'm barely scraping by with 10 medpacks.
#7Mr_PipboyPosted 4/7/2013 8:13:47 AM
eratas123 posted...
On a side note, why is it so effing hard to get a decent amount of med-kits? I have over 40 restore packs, over 50 ammo packs, and over 60 missiles, but I'm barely scraping by with 10 medpacks.

Yea, its sucks, but you should just bite the bullet and buy a jumbo every now and then.
---
#8eratas123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 8:18:18 AM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
eratas123 posted...

Yea, its sucks, but you should just bite the bullet and buy a jumbo every now and then.

So Jumbo's are the only reliable source for medpacks? I remember when Mass Effect 3 Multpilayer started that I was practically swimming in the stuff. Now every medpack is a treasure.
#9ChrisZewskiPosted 4/7/2013 8:18:19 AM
Max your commons through recruit packs if you haven't already. Most of the weps are trash outside of silver but the mods are important. Vet packs after to max all uncommon weps.

Uncommon mods/gear seem to drop fairly often in PSPs so thats how i maxed them, but not until all my uncommon weapons were maxed. I will say it did take quite a while to max the uncommon mods.

Also the harrier is good but its spare ammo is pretty yuck. Just got one recently but i prefer a mattock X to a Harrier I, except when i use it with a demolisher :).

The Valkyrie (2 burst rifle) is really good with a headshot specced turian soldier. Running away is a better option than the locust tho.
#10Mr_PipboyPosted 4/7/2013 8:19:52 AM
eratas123 posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...
eratas123 posted...

So Jumbo's are the only reliable source for medpacks? I remember when Mass Effect 3 Multpilayer started that I was practically swimming in the stuff. Now every medpack is a treasure.

They are the only sure way of getting medigel without maxing the other three consumables, yes
---