Worst Power

#111RophlecktuinePosted 4/9/2013 5:29:25 PM
GoldenSWarriors posted...
Rophlecktuine posted...
1. It negates armor defense AND allows 25% extra damage against all targets.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa whoa whoa, correct me bc I may be misinterpreting, does this mean you actually arent receiving any benefits if you already have 100% armor defense negation through armor pierce rounds 4 and a piercing mod?

Edit: in regards to armor weakening.

Piercing mods only give up to 90% armor negation. It's small, but if you decide to use armor piecing rounds 4 or a heavy barrel with cryo blast, that's just a set-up error. Adjust your class accordingly, knowing that you will be using cryo blast.

See, cause what I thought is you were going to be doing extra damage to armor, I didnt know cryo blast was just doing something that you can do with a piercing mod and armor piercing ammo already. That's helpful, just another reason to consider it an even worse power. This whole time I thought the armor weakening was something entirely different.

I wonder if other players understand this?
---
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
#112Enemy_AC130Posted 4/9/2013 5:31:03 PM
Rophlecktuine posted...
Rophlecktuine posted...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa whoa whoa, correct me bc I may be misinterpreting, does this mean you actually arent receiving any benefits if you already have 100% armor defense negation through armor pierce rounds 4 and a piercing mod?

Piercing mods only give up to 90% armor negation. It's small, but if you decide to use armor piecing rounds 4 or a heavy barrel with cryo blast, that's just a set-up error. Adjust your class accordingly, knowing that you will be using cryo blast.

See, cause what I thought is you were going to be doing extra damage to armor, I didnt know cryo blast was just doing something that you can do with a piercing mod and armor piercing ammo already. That's helpful, just another reason to consider it an even worse power. This whole time I thought the armor weakening was something entirely different.

Uh... AP ammo + cryo blast = more damage than if you just use AP ammo.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i.imgur.com/niJah96.jpg
#113GoldenSWarriors(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 5:31:23 PM
Rophlecktuine posted...
Rophlecktuine posted...

You still get the 25% extra damage you know?

So do you also think Warp is a terrible debuffer now too?
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#114RophlecktuinePosted 4/9/2013 5:35:02 PM
Rophlecktuine posted...
Rophlecktuine posted...

You still get the 25% extra damage you know?

So do you also think Warp is a terrible debuffer now too?

Already stated my opinon of warp.

DoT stops shield regen
Primes AND triggers
Biotic explosion evo
Incendiary ammo bug
Hey, it even does some damage, cool.
---
#115RophlecktuinePosted 4/9/2013 5:36:42 PM
Again, Im stopping now, going to play.

Thanks for the info panda. This whole time ive been arguing against cryo blast thinking it gives you a full 50% more damage to armor. Now I know its less than that. Just a terrible, terrible power, since you still need a mod or ammo for piercing.
---
#116OEIO999Posted 4/9/2013 5:38:39 PM
TL;DR, but...why are people arguing over the WORST power in the game?
#117Enemy_AC130Posted 4/9/2013 5:45:19 PM
Victory by forfeit!
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i.imgur.com/niJah96.jpg
#118GoldenSWarriors(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 5:50:07 PM(edited)
Rophlecktuine posted...
Again, Im stopping now, going to play.

Thanks for the info panda. This whole time ive been arguing against cryo blast thinking it gives you a full 50% more damage to armor. Now I know its less than that. Just a terrible, terrible power, since you still need a mod or ammo for piercing.

Wow just stop being so passive aggressive, you're really starting to irritate me. A regular piecing mod gives 65% armor piercing. Cryo blast makes up for the remaining portion of that. This allows you to use a damage barrel and whatever kind of ammo you want, while still getting maximum damage against armor, and a 25% damage increase on top of that. It's far from the worst power. If you fail to recognize its uses, that's your loss, but I'm done with this.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#119sheepman23Posted 4/9/2013 5:55:56 PM
OEIO999 posted...
TL;DR, but...why are people arguing over the WORST power in the game?

It's my fault, really. I made a topic asking what people thought the worst power in the game was, and then this poll emerged.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#120NefhithPosted 4/11/2013 10:55:12 AM
Rophlecktuine posted...

1. "tech warp" my ass. Warp does DoT that stops shield regen, primes targets AND detonates, and has a rank for meaner BE's. Give me warp over cryo blast any day.

2. Just because it is on an infiltrator doesnt make cryo blast a better move, it just means cloak is a good move, The DPS of incinerate would receive the actual damage boost, at least.

3. Yea, you can cryo explode off of a few husks, whoo. Also, I dont know what you mean by a safe close range, we're talking platinum right?

4. Oh yea, cryo blast and turret are going to decimate that banshee, prime, praetorian, atlas.

5. The whole point of an RPG is to compare powers so you spec properly, of course there is a point to comparing powers.

6. I would prefer both the new stasis or the amazing recon mine over cryo blast.

Talking with you is like trying to convince a wall to stop smoking weed.
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180