You shouldn't be in Platinum (A venting topic, sorry)

#1CoconutMayPosted 4/9/2013 6:56:27 AM
(Note: This is ranting about PUGs)

-Just because you are level 20 doesn't mean you belong in Platinum

-If your highest gun is an Avenger VIII you don't belong in Platinum

-If you're not in the double digits you don't belong in Platinum. I don't care if you can solo it at level 1, you're doing a disservice to yourself and your team by trying to do a PUG Platinum game at level 1.

-If you aren't willing to use consumables, both in terms of equipment and in-game items, you shouldn't being playing Platinum.

-Do research on suggested builds before playing Platinum; I cringe every time I see a Slayer Vanguard with a Javelin and Claymore in a Platinum lobby.

-Don't waste rockets on that Atlas if it's missing half its armor and is the last enemy; I don't care if it just killed you 5 times in a row, your teammates have got it covered.

Ugh, sorry, just got back from a bad round of games and had to vent.
---
Have you seen my sisters? Last I saw them they were standing in a row. They are quite lovely.
#2Halo_ForeverPosted 4/9/2013 7:05:40 AM
Had a human engineer in my lobby yesterday on Gold, the guy had sub 200 N7.

Every other player in the matches had three times more score than he did.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#3Jedi_MercenaryPosted 4/9/2013 7:13:40 AM
Don't know if I have good luck or bad luck. My Platinum teammates have been competent. The problem is I don't play Platinum and my luck with Gold teammates is pretty bad.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#4The Fir CoatPosted 4/9/2013 7:13:47 AM
Mostly agree, although if someone is rocking a Harrier X or something I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt if they are a low level.
---
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!
#5Rogue MuttPosted 4/9/2013 7:58:24 AM
Halo_Forever posted...

The thing about that is, a well played Human Engineer can run Gold even with crap weapons thanks to Overload's awesomeness and Fire Explosions. I'm not saying you were wrong about that specific player, but N7 is a terrible skill indicator.
---
Arcanine Alakazam Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#6Halo_ForeverPosted 4/9/2013 9:03:17 AM
Rogue Mutt posted...
Halo_Forever posted...

The thing about that is, a well played Human Engineer can run Gold even with crap weapons thanks to Overload's awesomeness and Fire Explosions. I'm not saying you were wrong about that specific player, but N7 is a terrible skill indicator.

He was loaded with weapons though, which combined with low N7 was a pretty good tell (his common weapons were only halfway leveled). So we knew that he wouldn't be all too good. In his defense, he was persistent and usually stuck with the team (we didn't kick him) as well as correctly reviving himself in a few spots.
---
#7BMAN270Posted 4/9/2013 9:06:27 AM
NEVER go by N7 rank... it just means NOTHING at all. I can very easily solo Gold and am usually top two on the score board as well and my N7 rank is 270... and I'm sure many of you can guess as to why...
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BMAN270-1988/hero/10488232
#8i5tioneyesPosted 4/9/2013 9:15:14 AM
if you cant carry a platinum match you shouldnt be pug'ing platinum yourself
#9YamatoBeatsPosted 4/9/2013 9:17:56 AM
i5tioneyes posted...
if you cant carry a platinum match you shouldnt be pug'ing platinum yourself

This is a stupid argument.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#10Halo_ForeverPosted 4/9/2013 9:20:23 AM
BMAN270 posted...
NEVER go by N7 rank... it just means NOTHING at all. I can very easily solo Gold and am usually top two on the score board as well and my N7 rank is 270... and I'm sure many of you can guess as to why...

You are wrong, the low end of the scale is a pretty good statistical estimator of how your teammate will be. I have seen exactly one good sub 100 (he was a second profile, whose original had been over 2000), a few smart sub 100s (stick with the team, debuff enemies and so forth) and some decent, but on the whole in 400 hours of ME3 and loads of playing with low levels has made it abundantly clear that the majority low levels are quite bad or underequipped*.

On the contrary a high N7 means almost nothing in terms of skills though it does mean that you can field some decent equipment.

*Your average newbie lacks the 25% from the damage barrel, ammos, weapons equipment, 25% from the weapons level. Simply put they shoot weaker from game mechanics.
---