You shouldn't be in Platinum (A venting topic, sorry)

#11CoconutMay(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 9:31:43 AM
i5tioneyes posted...
if you cant carry a platinum match you shouldnt be pug'ing platinum yourself

The problem was that I was carrying most of the PUGs I was in.
---
Have you seen my sisters? Last I saw them they were standing in a row. They are quite lovely.
#12NS_RegentParkPosted 4/9/2013 10:03:40 AM
This is the least elitist topic regarding PUGs and Platinum. I agree with all the points.
---
GT:InTheZoneTO
I'm pretty sure the Crucible was supposed to harness the dark energy of Haestrom to destroy the Reapers
#13LordNobunagaPosted 4/9/2013 10:04:41 AM
Guys who refuse to use consumables always irk me the most. It makes me not want to continue playing because I don't like carrying people who aren't gonna pull their own weight.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3225 3978 6289. Elisabeth Blanctorche fanboy.
youtube.com/user/CommElite, and GT: TM07
#14shyguy08Posted 4/9/2013 10:32:20 AM
N7 level means nothing. the challenge points are a better indicator of experience. I been playing since launch and my N7 level is below 200 I believe. I only raised it for the weekend events.

I don't need to promote. I do a lot of research before I make a build so I don't mess up and if I do, I've had plenty of respecc cards from the RNG.

Anyway I like my low n7/high level guns. Just saying, look at their challenge points and gun levels instead.
---
beaniee3000
#15perfect_generalPosted 4/9/2013 12:41:53 PM
It does irk me when I see players readied up and not having any consumables equipped. Seriously, why are you saving them if not going even use level I stuff for platinum? What's the use of stockpiling stuff that has no value otherwise?
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#16Jedi_MercenaryPosted 4/9/2013 12:49:22 PM
shyguy08 posted...
N7 level means nothing. the challenge points are a better indicator of experience. I been playing since launch and my N7 level is below 200 I believe. I only raised it for the weekend events.

I don't need to promote. I do a lot of research before I make a build so I don't mess up and if I do, I've had plenty of respecc cards from the RNG.

Anyway I like my low n7/high level guns. Just saying, look at their challenge points and gun levels instead.

And how many people like you have you met? A low N7 doesn't have to mean anything, this is true and obvious, but usually it does tell that a person is nowhere near the skill/equipment level that is actually required for Gold/Platinum. I don't usually kick people with low N7 levels on Gold and it keeps biting me in the ass again and again to the point where I would enjoy soloes more if it wasn't for 4 nodes.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#17CoconutMay(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 7:11:26 AM
Ugh, just had a match where someone had a Warfighter gear pack on a character that had no grenades and wasn't even using an AR.

I mean, come on, people, this should be obvious...
---
Have you seen my sisters? Last I saw them they were standing in a row. They are quite lovely.
#18Shad0wCKPosted 4/13/2013 12:32:08 PM
And this topic will officially change...

Nothing.
---
It's true what they say, the grass is always greener, and you don't really know what it is you have, until it's gone...gone. Gone.
#19TemplariShadowPosted 4/13/2013 12:50:11 PM
On a slightly related tangent, has there been a wave of new players recently? A bunch of PUGs and I keep running in to players with like... I-IV level Silver Weapons and/or level I Golds. No or low level gear/equipment as well. Various N7s ranging from brand new up to.. I wanna say low/mid hundreds with usually low Challenge points. I thought it was a bunch of weapon challenges at first maybe. But then I'd see them swapping different weapons only to go back to the highest level Uncommon they had.
#20LaManoNeraIIPosted 4/13/2013 6:33:40 PM
CoconutMay posted...

-If your highest gun is an Avenger VIII you don't belong in Platinum

What's the best way to start building up an arsenal? I've been buying only Reserves Packs, mainly because I want to try as many classes as possible. But that kinda limits me to classes that use powers and melee, as I don't have any good weapons at all. I've done a weapons pack a few times, but even if you get an ultra rare weapon it's still not very good at only rank 1.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009