Squadmate's Choice, Round 12 - Samara (spoilers)

#1LordTrinenPosted 4/9/2013 6:16:22 AM
Suppose Samara made the final ending choice. Which would she pick? - Results (69 votes)
Destroy
57.97% (40 votes)
Control
17.39% (12 votes)
Synthesis
11.59% (8 votes)
Refusal
13.04% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Suppose one of Shepard’s squadmates made it to the Citadel and met the Catalyst instead of Shepard. It is now up to them to determine the fate of the Reapers and the galaxy. Which ending do you think they would pick?

This is not a question of what you/Shepard would pick. This is a question what the above squadmate would do if they were in Shepard’s place. Try to put yourself in their shoes and really think what they would pick.

Round 1 (Liara): Synthesis
Round 2 (Ashley): Destroy
Round 3 (Kaiden): Synthesis
Round 4 (Garrus): Destroy
Round 5 (Wrex): Destroy
Round 6 (Tali): Synthesis
Round 7 (Miranda): Tie, Destroy/Control
Round 8 (Jacob): Destroy
Round 9 (Mordin): Synthesis
Round 10 (Jack): Destroy
Round 11 (Grunt): Destroy
#2ZERO2936Posted 4/9/2013 6:59:58 AM(edited)
Tricky. Doesn't Destroy go both for and against her code simultaneously?

I ended up going with Control. Imagine how much better she'd be able to do her job as a justicar with the Reapers.

Then again, considering her code again, she could end up attacking the Catalyst, which would end with Refusal.
#3STLCards1991Posted 4/9/2013 8:35:03 AM
Well since the code is so unflinching I think it would probably have to be destroy. But I don't know that for sure.
#4roo10158Posted 4/9/2013 8:43:56 AM
STLCards1991 posted...
Well since the code is so unflinching I think it would probably have to be destroy. But I don't know that for sure.

I agree. Her code dictates that she kill for the greater good if necessary, and she has said she'd be willing to kill anyone if the code says so.

But yes this is the hardest round so far
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#5LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 2:43:13 PM
Bump
#6AoENIACPosted 4/9/2013 4:00:38 PM
I can't believe Refusal isn't winning. I feel like I have a good idea of what Samara's code is like and it seems to me that she would be unwilling to compromise here and would not appreciate any of the Catalyst's options. Control MIGHT work too but Samara has a nice quote in the epilogue of ME2 where no matter what option you chose for the Collector Base she warns you that nobody can control that kind of power so I don't think she'd trust even herself with that much power even if she trusted the Catalyst in the first place that it wasn't trying to trick her into replacing it.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#7Wii0playerPosted 4/9/2013 5:48:46 PM
It's obvious Samara would pick Control. She can't kill innocents, the Geth are innocent.
#8eratas123Posted 4/9/2013 6:21:01 PM
Wii0player posted...
It's obvious Samara would pick Control. She can't kill innocents, the Geth are innocent.

Actually, she can kill innocents, provided it serves a "greater purpose". She kills the police in Illium if you don't recruit her and she killed Morinth's brainwashed Thrall's even if theywere innocenr victims. Her policy essentially boils to "Kill 100 to save 1000", provided she has ni other choice. Control and Synthesis would most likely be even more against her code.
#9sheepman23Posted 4/9/2013 6:39:52 PM
This is the first one that I've really had a hard time deciding.

- Destroy: While this one would seem obvious, is Samara really going to let every synthetic die to save the galaxy?

- Control: I could see her doing this as a way to "protect" everyone. However, I don't see Samara as someone who seeks a power that great.

- Synthesis: I would lean towards this one, but something tells me that Samara wouldn't be fond of the consequences for this action.

I'll probably go with Destroy, although I could see arguments for the other two.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#10hghgnbnbPosted 4/10/2013 3:17:31 AM
eratas123 posted...
Wii0player posted...

Actually, she can kill innocents, provided it serves a "greater purpose". She kills the police in Illium if you don't recruit her and she killed Morinth's brainwashed Thrall's even if theywere innocenr victims. Her policy essentially boils to "Kill 100 to save 1000", provided she has ni other choice. Control and Synthesis would most likely be even more against her code.

Plus the Geth have allied themselves with the Reapers. Whether you accept it or not, to her, they joined up with mass murderers
---
...or sometimes, "I'll talk to you later." Because, you know what? I never do. Leave them wanting more.