Why do you play Mass Effect?

#11CaelestinePosted 4/11/2013 9:37:02 AM
Before the less than satisfactory ME3 ending that couple with the over the top rage from the fans, the epic story that have consequences that carry to the next game, memorable characters like Mordin, and Garrus.

Now, MP.
#12sheepman23Posted 4/11/2013 9:55:29 AM
ME2 was the first game of the series that I played, and I still remember the first time I set foot on Omega. The sights, the sounds, the atmosphere... all of it was just so mesmerizing. I could go anywhere in the galaxy I wanted, meet realistic alien races and converse with them, and fight against villainous space baddies.

The reason I play the series is because it's like a sci-fi drama that I have control of. I enjoy the gameplay, I love the characters, and I just can't get enough of flying around the galaxy... going from the heights of Illium and the slums of Omega, to the jungles of Pragia and the mysterious Perseus Veil.

Lately, my time has been entirely invested in the ME3 multiplayer, and while it's a ton of fun and enhances my overall opinion of ME3, I still thoroughly enjoy the campaign of the series.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#13garanPosted 4/11/2013 1:46:26 PM
I played the first 2 games for a number of reasons, mostly the characters, exploration, story. ME3 I play only for MP because I hate the SP story.
#14VincentVega13Posted 4/12/2013 5:18:57 PM
I PLAY IT BECAUSE I F***ING LIKE IT AND YOU CA..... Oh, you do too. Ahem. Well said sir.
---
To err is human, to Arr is pirate.
#15gunholePosted 4/12/2013 5:58:45 PM
there's nothing all that compelling out.

probably give the new bioshock a run, but that's not MP so no rush...
---
[redX] [redX]
#16SolidStryderPosted 4/12/2013 6:23:36 PM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
The characters. investment. Story. setting. artstyle.

All of this. It didn't hurt that I've been a space nut since my father rented all 3 Star Wars movies for me to watch as a kid. Mass Effect was just a marvel the first time I played it, an open galaxy to explore, I loved the attention to detail on the descriptions of individual planets. I don't even remember learning much about space in school lol, most of what I know came from books I purchased myself, and having the freedom Mass Effect gave made the experience unlike any movie or game using space travel.