Anybody use this build for the Volus Vanguard?

#1darktonberryPosted 4/10/2013 2:18:24 PM
Not much to explain about the build just want some feedback from others. Main idea for the build is Charge --> Shotgun. Radius on charge for stagger. All weapon damage evo's and power damage on rank five because im not using shield boost.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Vanguard/VolusProtector/PNALR/Wraith10AO5BN5//ShotgunRailAmp3/CyclonicModulator4/ShotgunAmp5/
#2MasterVashPosted 4/10/2013 2:26:15 PM
I hope I never play with you when you use that class.

If you ACTUALLY want feedback and aren't just looking to rustle jimmies, go 6/6/6/4/4. You won't miss the extra 125 shields or the power damage much. Put a choke on the weapon too, and some piercing.
---
"Someone at BioWare ate lunch?! Must mean new Ham Sandwich faction!"
-Bahslel, from Reddit
#3NafzgerPosted 4/10/2013 2:32:56 PM
Skipping shield boost isn't necessarily bad, but you spec'd most everything else wrong. Weapon damage on the volus vanguard is pointless. The drell and batarian are much better weapon damage vanguards.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#4Havoc49JPosted 4/10/2013 2:35:26 PM
I used to use this setup with a Claymore until I started bringing him into platinum. Its viable but your still just a mediocre Drell Vanguard. Now I go 6/5/6/6/3 with a Raider or Wraith.
#5darktonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 2:37:39 PM
Nafzger posted...
Skipping shield boost isn't necessarily bad, but you spec'd most everything else wrong. Weapon damage on the volus vanguard is pointless. The drell and batarian are much better weapon damage vanguards.

They get more than 47.5% weapon damage boost?
#6Havoc49JPosted 4/10/2013 2:45:38 PM(edited)
darktonberry posted...
Nafzger posted...

They get more than 47.5% weapon damage boost?

A properly built Drell has 47.5% weapon damage.

He also has a weight capacity of 90 compared to the Volus with 25. That means 65% recharge bonus is needed to break even with the Drells cooldown.

Plus all the other perks he has. Movement speed, health, awesome dodge, cluster grenades.
#7sheepman23Posted 4/10/2013 2:46:40 PM
I go 6/5/6/6/3 with a Wraith.

Although, to be honest, I hate this class. Every other Vanguard has some other arc to them that makes them powerful; the Volus doesn't have anything that sets him apart.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#8darktonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 2:55:12 PM
The drell is just flat out better I have to agree there. I havent had any issues yet with him on gold so I thought the Volus may not be as bad as everyone says they are. I guess there only role is to be medics. What a waste.
#9NafzgerPosted 4/10/2013 2:57:31 PM
darktonberry posted...
The drell is just flat out better I have to agree there. I havent had any issues yet with him on gold so I thought the Volus may not be as bad as everyone says they are. I guess there only role is to be medics. What a waste.

I play mine entirely offensively. I just don't bother with weapon damage. Power damage + bonus power on charge makes him a biotic jackhammer. It's fun and effective.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#10darktonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 2:59:23 PM
MasterVash posted...
I hope I never play with you when you use that class.

If you ACTUALLY want feedback and aren't just looking to rustle jimmies, go 6/6/6/4/4. You won't miss the extra 125 shields or the power damage much. Put a choke on the weapon too, and some piercing.

The point of the build is to be a weapons platform so I wouldnt give up his passives. I feel having shield boost is kinda redundant when Biotic Charge does the same thing and gives me 25% more damage. Choke is also redundant imo because you are going to be charging --> shotgun so there is little chance of missing.