Advice on havoc soldier

#11GoldenSWarriorsPosted 4/11/2013 7:04:11 AM
I've heard incendiary strike is glitched so I go damage and force.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#12CaptainDerpPosted 4/11/2013 7:51:43 AM
Use harrier with him.

Cryo blast--->harrier

Easy mode
---
LAKERS
#13sheepman23Posted 4/11/2013 8:20:03 AM
I've tried several different builds with him, and I didn't like any of them.

If you're doing it for a solo run, I suppose I would drop Cryo Blast. Unlike on the QFE, he doesn't have any power to benefit from the chill debuff. Or maybe put four points in Havoc Strike and four in Fitness? I don't know, there's a lot of different ways you could go with him, but none of them seem to be particularly effective.

CaptainDerp posted...
Use harrier with him.

Cryo blast--->harrier

Easy mode

You're still here?
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#14CaptainDerpPosted 4/11/2013 8:22:41 AM
sheepman23 posted...
I've tried several different builds with him, and I didn't like any of them.

If you're doing it for a solo run, I suppose I would drop Cryo Blast. Unlike on the QFE, he doesn't have any power to benefit from the chill debuff. Or maybe put four points in Havoc Strike and four in Fitness? I don't know, there's a lot of different ways you could go with him, but none of them seem to be particularly effective.

CaptainDerp posted...
Use harrier with him.

Cryo blast--->harrier

Easy mode

You're still here?

You have a problem with that?

^_^
---
LAKERS
#15sheepman23Posted 4/11/2013 8:27:18 AM(edited)
Mattheau posted...
Learn how to use Cryo Blast properly and don't overload yourself with heavy weapons. He's not a weapon platform.

There isn't much more to it than that.

Actually, he can get a lot of weapon damage. 30% from the passive, 25% from Weapon Synergy on Havoc Strike, 20.5% from Stim Pack, and 25% Cryo Blast debuff. Stack all of those together and he's putting forth a lot of damage.

Of course, that would require you missing out on Fitness, which I wouldn't do for a solo run.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#16CaelestinePosted 4/11/2013 9:33:04 AM
SRR Capdown posted...
I think he's really fun to use, he's crap, but he's fun. The ability to combine Havoc Strike/dodge/melee make for some interesting combinations. Just stick a Wraith or Harrier on him and just HS>Dodge>Shoot.

I normally skip Cryo Blast completely though, as I'd much rather have the extra health.

This. He may not be uber like the (un)holy trinity of GI, Sexbot and Ghost. But melee spec Havoc strike is a lot of fun to play. I just love jetting around the maps, pop stims, Havoc Strike a bunch of mobs and immediately jet away.
#17CoconutMayPosted 4/11/2013 9:33:06 AM
6/3/5/6/6 is what I think the recommended build is.
---
Have you seen my sisters? Last I saw them they were standing in a row. They are quite lovely.
#18Rophlecktuine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 11:06:38 AM
Caelestine posted...
SRR Capdown posted...
I think he's really fun to use, he's crap, but he's fun. The ability to combine Havoc Strike/dodge/melee make for some interesting combinations. Just stick a Wraith or Harrier on him and just HS>Dodge>Shoot.

I normally skip Cryo Blast completely though, as I'd much rather have the extra health.

This. He may not be uber like the (un)holy trinity of GI, Sexbot and Ghost. But melee spec Havoc strike is a lot of fun to play. I just love jetting around the maps, pop stims, Havoc Strike a bunch of mobs and immediately jet away.

You must not be playing platinum. My experience was havoc strike, get staggered then downed, or get grabbed, within 10 seonds of starting the match.
---
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
#19SRR CapdownPosted 4/11/2013 11:52:44 AM
You know that the frames for HS and the melee and dodge cross over right? You can Havoc Strike and if you hit back and A whilst you're doing it, you'll hit the target and then dodge back instantly. If you time it right, you can Stim whilst mid-dodge too. Off host this often leads to some to the HSs not actually doing any damage though.

I certainly wouldn't do a melee build with him though, I'd just make use of the extra health and shields.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#20GenocalypsePosted 4/11/2013 12:32:34 PM
I kind of just play him as a vanguard. Spec stims for full shield recovery, throw a falcon on him with bayonet / extended barrel, equip incendiary rounds and grenade capacity or warfighter gear. Then hit enemy groups with flaming grenades for crowd control / dmg til I see someone ablaze, havoc strike for fire explosions, and if shields get eaten before I can dodge or finish whatever is left with heavy melee, just pop a stim to fill up health. Not really sure its the most efficient way to play him, but it's the most success I've had with him.