Shepard vs. Day 4: Petty Officer: Spartan John-117 AKA The Master Chief

#1hghgnbnbPosted 4/11/2013 5:40:55 AM(edited)
Who would win in a fight? - Results (77 votes)
A Vanguard Shepard with Barrier would be nearly invincible
15.58% (12 votes)
A Soldier Shepard with Energy Drain would take The Chief down quickly
3.9% (3 votes)
An Adept Shepard with Stasis would destroy MC
6.49% (5 votes)
A Sentinel Shepard with Defense Matrix is on a Spartan's level, defensively
1.3% (1 votes)
An Engineer Shepard with Defense Matrix can strip Chief of his shields... and his life
3.9% (3 votes)
An Infiltrator Shepard with Decoy is a better sniper than the Master Chief could ever hope to be.
1.3% (1 votes)
Master Chief
42.86% (33 votes)
Garrus Vakarian
18.18% (14 votes)
Cortana's rampancy
3.9% (3 votes)
Johnson
2.6% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The same rules apply as always. All of Shepard's powers are specced for combat with the Chief. Keep in mind that Master Chief has the upper hand in melee because Shepard's energy shield does not defend against melee attacks while Chief's does. Chief also has Cortana in his head offering tactical advice.

Chief can use any weapons he's ever had aside from one-offs and any grenades. Chief gets 6 bonus items/armor abilities:

Overshield
Active Camouflage
Hardlight Shield
Energy Drain
Regeneration Field
Thruster Pack

Master Chief can't use turrets or redundant weapons(can't use the SPNKr AND the Fuel Rod Cannon. One or the other).

Keep in mind, also, that the Chief has extensive tech augmentation. Whether this makes him susceptible to powers like overload is up to you. At the very least, his suit may be

On a side note, Commander Sarah Palmer was voiced by Jennifer Hale. Making, I think, the 3rd military figure of "Commander" rank she's played.(I count Bastila Shan)

EDIT: No squadmates, Alliance, Reaper, Cerberus, Covenant, Forerunner, or UNSC personnel can interfere.

Previous Victors:

Day 1: Optimus Prime: Optimus Prime
Day 2: Isaac Clarke: Garrus Vakarian(Adept Shepard)
Day 3: Kratos: Kratos

---
...or sometimes, "I'll talk to you later." Because, you know what? I never do. Leave them wanting more.
#2destroyerman455Posted 4/11/2013 5:26:21 AM
In all honesty, Chief would probably win in a one on one fight, but if you keep adding Garrus to these polls... He's gonna keep winning bro.

Its so hard to resist that choice because c'mon... he's Garrus.
---
Tactical Assessment, Red Chinese Victory, Impossible.
#3hghgnbnb(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 5:31:59 AM
destroyerman455 posted...
In all honesty, Chief would probably win in a one on one fight, but if you keep adding Garrus to these polls... He's gonna keep winning bro.

Its so hard to resist that choice because c'mon... he's Garrus.

That's why I do it. Space Batman. But Garrus is a joke. I forgot to this time, but I keep saying squadmates can't interfere. If Garrus gets the most votes, the second place option is the official winner.
---
...or sometimes, "I'll talk to you later." Because, you know what? I never do. Leave them wanting more.
#4Edgemaster97Posted 4/11/2013 7:38:46 AM
Depends entirely on how effective tech powers would be on Master Chief.
---
http://i.minus.com/iVtvs1p3ndi3x.gif
#5hghgnbnb(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 8:18:39 AM
Edgemaster97 posted...
Depends entirely on how effective tech powers would be on Master Chief.

Depends on how you see it. The guy's had A LOT of technological augmentation and his armor is pretty much mostly computerized. Sabotage probably wouldn't do much except cut him off from Cortana, and it would only likely effect Covenant weaponry and the UNSC sniper rifle. Overload and energy drain might lock-up his armor a little or just mess with his motor functions for a second or 2
---
#6jrr18Posted 4/11/2013 8:21:09 AM
depends on how extensive the alliances gene mods are because in the first game it does mention that all there soldiers have been enhanced.
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#7Hui_TianPosted 4/11/2013 8:22:02 AM
don't get me wrong.. I friggin love Mass Effect, and I do think Shepard is an awesome character that can be pretty much anyone...

....but against Master Chief? Even if Tech is better and more advanced in Mass Effect, you just can't take down 117!
#8hghgnbnb(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 8:31:25 AM
I love how people keep voting vanguard without actually thinking about it. Shepard uses charge, and Chief blocks it with the hardlight shield. It doesn't stagger Chief because of his enhanced strength. Charge breaks the shield and Chief immediately punches Shepard in the face, snapping his neck, because, again, enhanced strength.

Or Chief avoids it altogether with the jump pack, lands behind Shepard, and punches him to death.

Or, Chief immediately turns on his overshield, and throws a plasma grenade at Shepard when he charges, which detonated when the charge is over, staggering Shepard. Then, Chief punches him in the face.

Or, Chief initiates his Active Camouflage immediately. Shepard can't charge invisible opponents. Chief throws an Energy Drain at Shepard and shoots him in the face when his shield is down.

Also, can Mass Effect kinetic barriers stop UNSC bullets? Do they travel fast enough?
---
#9jrr18Posted 4/11/2013 8:37:58 AM
hghgnbnb posted...
I love how people keep voting vanguard without actually thinking about it. Shepard uses charge, and Chief blocks it with the hardlight shield. It doesn't stagger Chief because of his enhanced strength. Charge breaks the shield and Chief immediately punches Shepard in the face, snapping his neck, because, again, enhanced strength.

Or Chief avoids it altogether with the jump pack, lands behind Shepard, and punches him to death.

Or, Chief immediately turns on his overshield, and throws a plasma grenade at Shepard when he charges, which detonated when the charge is over, staggering Shepard. Then, Chief punches him in the face.

Or, Chief initiates his Active Camouflage immediately. Shepard can't charge invisible opponents. Chief throws an Energy Drain at Shepard and shoots him in the face when his shield is down.

Also, can Mass Effect kinetic barriers stop UNSC bullets? Do they travel fast enough?

the barriers would stop the bullets from chief and if shepard wants to win he needs to just use warp because lore wise shields don't stop biotics.
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#10hghgnbnb(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 8:48:09 AM
jrr18 posted...

the barriers would stop the bullets from chief and if shepard wants to win he needs to just use warp because lore wise shields don't stop biotics.

True, but warp would only rebuff Chief. He has heavy armor. So, by Mass Effect standards, Chief would jhave a layer of shields and a layer of armor. So, pull, throw, singularity, shockwave, and the like wouldn't have any effect on Chief. Nor would Stasis.
---