I don't always play squishy classes....

#1WelcommattPosted 4/11/2013 5:36:07 PM
But when I do, every banshee ball ravager rocket or scion pulse wants to get to know me better. Seriously does aggro apply at all in this game?!? I just played a few matches with my drell assasin. the last one was on London, my teammates were a melee focusing krogan sentinel, a juggernaut with a collector rifle, and a paladin with some gun I didn't notice. I tried to hug the sides of the map and stick to the top of the stairs, but these scions wouldn't have it! The other three of my team were literally a few meters away from all of them, but they just kept shooting at me. I swear I never saw one shoot at anybody besides me. Needless to say, my choices were get no kills or go down constantly. This tends to happen to me whenever I use my squishier sniper/power centered kits, and I really hate it
#2fennell92Posted 4/11/2013 5:42:28 PM
Welcommatt posted...
London

That's why.

As for every other time, I dunno. Bad luck?
#3TheFeshPincePosted 4/11/2013 5:43:54 PM
It happens.
#4sheepman23Posted 4/11/2013 6:02:59 PM
The Drell characters have access to some of the best evasive maneuvers in the game - high movement speed, and a killer dodge. In the case of the Assassin, you also get a cloak to run around undetected with. Use this to your advantage.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#5EroticTerror87Posted 4/11/2013 8:08:42 PM
Welcommatt posted...
But when I do, every banshee ball ravager rocket or scion pulse wants to get to know me better. Seriously does aggro apply at all in this game?!? I just played a few matches with my drell assasin. the last one was on London, my teammates were a melee focusing krogan sentinel, a juggernaut with a collector rifle, and a paladin with some gun I didn't notice. I tried to hug the sides of the map and stick to the top of the stairs, but these scions wouldn't have it! The other three of my team were literally a few meters away from all of them, but they just kept shooting at me. I swear I never saw one shoot at anybody besides me. Needless to say, my choices were get no kills or go down constantly. This tends to happen to me whenever I use my squishier sniper/power centered kits, and I really hate it

Lol well besides the map London which is a death trap for those who don't understand the map, but other then that I do feel some kits draw the eyes of Enemy's more so then others besides the geth juggy,like why do banshees seem to love to run after kroguards even if they are far from sight from those things.
#6SolidDroidPosted 4/11/2013 8:13:59 PM
sheepman23 posted...
The Drell characters have access to some of the best evasive maneuvers in the game - high movement speed, and a killer dodge. In the case of the Assassin, you also get a cloak to run around undetected with. Use this to your advantage.

This became one off my favorite classes last night. Claymoar.... Everything...
---
Gamertag- DROlD
(I is a L)
#7sheepman23Posted 4/11/2013 8:18:05 PM
SolidDroid posted...
This became one off my favorite classes last night. Claymoar.... Everything...

Ah, you've discovered the destructive power of the shotgun Assassin! Definitely my favorite kit in the game.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#8abyssPosted 4/11/2013 9:13:57 PM
Uh.....Are you sure it's not because of AOE? If your allies are close to you, then you'll still be getting hit by stuff like Ravager/Scion shots even if they target them.
#9DuneManPosted 4/12/2013 12:47:12 AM
I only notice this phenomenon with the two original Asari characters, where they seem to drop what they're doing to attack the Asari.

Otherwise the AI tends to focus doggedly on whichever player character it sees first. Basically, if you're playing a squishy character you should let a teammate rush forward at the start of a wave to draw all aggro to themselves. You shouldn't be exploring what's around the next corner by yourself, unless you like getting pinned down by enemies.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao