ME 4 MP: Keeps, Adds, and Takeaways!

#1TimeShinigamiPosted 4/11/2013 6:43:54 PM
Saw this topic on BSN, and figured we needed one of our own. Surely we can out do the biodrones.

Keep: This game type. Sure, add some more (especially Horde mode), but this works just fine.

Add: MOAR Volus! But seriously, balance between the races on the kits would be nice.

Minus: Platinum being pure boss rush, forcing you to use certain kits. I'd ask to get rid of RNG, or at least adjust the system of URs, but we're probably stuck with it.

So, that's mine. Got a ton more, but I'll keep it short for now, maybe post some later. Next?
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- Piferm01
#2TheFeshPincePosted 4/11/2013 6:49:56 PM
RNG isn't that bad.. maybe more variety in the store... like the option to straight up buy a UR with credits, but it's still randomized.

Also, we've had a few of these topics already.
#3TimeShinigami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 6:53:57 PM
In my defense, I did several searches and didn't find anything similar enough to stop me.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- Piferm01
#4TheFeshPincePosted 4/11/2013 6:56:09 PM
TimeShinigami posted...
In my defense, I did several searches and didn't find anything similar enough to stop me.

No big deal or anything... I'm really looking forward to ME4s MP, so I'm always up for discussing it.
#5bessy67Posted 4/11/2013 6:58:12 PM
I would like UR acquisition to be tied to the challenge system. They could still be in packs from the store but they could also be obtained from completing certain challenges or reaching certain numbers of challenge points.

I would also like to see episodic co-op missions similar to Halo 4's Spartan Ops. I know that Spartan Ops wasn't spectacular, but the idea would work well within the Mass Effect universe.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#6bman52480Posted 4/11/2013 8:15:46 PM
Keep the RNG packs. It kept them supporting the game for a year with free dlc and gave me incentive to play for 800 hours.

Add a power slot that you can put a bonus power in for each class. Possibly have the powers show up in packs.

Take away to the inclination any developer has for competitive mp. Coop only makes mass effect different
---
We don't have TIME for this! The Pasteur's core is going to breach!
#7DuneManPosted 4/12/2013 12:52:10 AM
The main thing for me is...

Add: a second action button, to sprint and vault over things, that doesn't make you stick to a wall in front of an enemy, or revive a downed teammate next to you, and in front of an enemy...

It was something of a joke on the PC in the early days when the loading screens should show a keyboard with the controls listed, and the vast majority of the board was empty and useless. Bioware quietly did away with that screen... :P
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#8SRR CapdownPosted 4/12/2013 12:59:27 AM
I would like UR acquisition to be tied to the challenge system. They could still be in packs from the store but they could also be obtained from completing certain challenges or reaching certain numbers of challenge points.

I would also like to see episodic co-op missions similar to Halo 4's Spartan Ops. I know that Spartan Ops wasn't spectacular, but the idea would work well within the Mass Effect universe.

I like both of Bessy's ideas. But to further the Halo influence, I'd make it the game have some elements of Halo Reach's Firefight mode. A no or minimal rewards mode where you can customise everything; enemy health, spawns, round budget, how many waves, what enemies can spawn, mixed factions, player traits like speed and power damage etc. Just something that doesn't contribute to your challenges or give you credits that you can have fun with and experiment with the game.

Add: a second action button, to sprint and vault over things, that doesn't make you stick to a wall in front of an enemy, or revive a downed teammate next to you, and in front of an enemy..

And definitely this, as well as being able to customise where which power goes. If I only spec into two, I don't it it to be Y and LB, I want to be able to make it LB and RB.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#9SmacakePosted 4/12/2013 5:15:42 AM
Add team death match
Add open world exploration
Add one vs one death match
Add gamble system for weapons,credits,gear,mods,and consumables for death matches
Add a ranking system
Add the ability to trade and buy weapons from other players.
Allow weapons manifest from 3 to be transfer to 4
---
Do not judge others unless you judge yourself first.Afterwards pick up a 12 gadge shotgun and prepare for the zombie apocolypse.
#10BiggyDXPosted 4/12/2013 5:22:03 AM
KEEP the RNG, but make it only apply to new gear, weapons, and kits. Let weapon mods, character customization options, bonuses, and character cards be purchasable.

ADD a PVP component

TAKEAWAY some of the imbalances regarding how many races get how many kits. The fact that Salarians didn't get any more kits is somewhat depressing.
---
Gamertag: My user name