Priority Cerberus HQ and Earth: Insanity

#1SilkPantiesPosted 4/15/2013 5:34:53 AM
I'm finally ready to beat the game... any suggestions as to who I should bring with me besides EDI? I don't know if my save is glitched or something but insanity has been horribly easy. I'm running an ME2 imported soldier and have mostly used the Phalanx pistol w/ fire/explosive rounds since I got it without any trouble. I only recall a few scrapes here and there (fighting the 3 Primes at once and fighting that male Phantom guy the second time). I also have Shield Drain but may have used it 3 or 4 times. I was thinking of swapping it for EDI's defensive shield skill thingy, just in case. Help?
---
#2Super EspioPosted 4/15/2013 5:37:52 AM
I always found it helpful to bring someone with overload specced for chain overload and neural shock. And yeah, ME3 insanity is way easier than the other games.
---
Welcome to GameFAQS, where sharing an opinion is a declaration of war.
Resurrect the saint from within the wretch.
#3sheepman23Posted 4/15/2013 5:40:13 AM
Liara is always a good squadmate against Cerberus, since she has Stasis to lock down Phantoms and Combat Engineers, and Singularity to work against their basic troops.

For Priority: Earth, you'll want to bring squadmates that can deal a lot of damage in a quick amount of time, or tank a lot of damage. Since you're playing as a Soldier, you'll want someone with Overload to detonate your fire explosions, so EDI and Garrus are both good choices. Kaidan is also pretty versatile, if he's on your squad.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#4PenMarkedHandPosted 4/15/2013 6:00:28 AM
Im onto Priority:Earth right now on my first insanity playthrough of the game.

I'm playing an imported adept, who only snipes.
and ME3 is 20x easier than ME2 on insanity with an adept.

ME3 it seems like nothing has boosted defences.

In ME2 husks had armour and health. Primes and Atlas's etc, had Shield Armour and Health. Hell even some high level humaniod charcters had three layers of defense.

Anyways i took EDI and Laira to Cerb Hq, and Kaiden and Laira to Earth.
---
Thats what you get when you let your legs die! Woah!!!
#5NS_RegentParkPosted 4/15/2013 6:16:46 AM
Does anyone else get irked when people don't know the names of the main characters
---
GT:InTheZoneTO
I'm pretty sure the Crucible was supposed to harness the dark energy of Haestrom to destroy the Reapers
#6dasboosPosted 4/15/2013 9:26:10 AM
PenMarkedHand posted...

I'm playing an imported adept, who only snipes.
and ME3 is 20x easier than ME2 on insanity with an adept.

Same here except with AR. My adept was flinging guys like rag dolls!
---
"Scissors are over powered, Rock is fine." - Paper
GT - stealth finger
#7SilkPanties(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 3:05:30 PM
Went with robot girl and the Turian. Overloaded my way to a pretty easy ending! I'm going back to play ME2 on insanity next with my soldier i beat hardcore with. Any suggestions as to which bonus power i should pick up to make it easier? iirc i was using the Revenant on my first playthrough and may go that way again.
---
#8SamuriChameleonPosted 4/16/2013 2:56:33 AM
SilkPanties posted...
Went with robot girl and the Turian. Overloaded my way to a pretty easy ending! I'm going back to play ME2 on insanity next with my soldier i beat hardcore with. Any suggestions as to which bonus power i should pick up to make it easier? iirc i was using the Revenant on my first playthrough and may go that way again.

Crap, who was the turian? I wanna say Marvin but it just doesn't sound right.
---
"Meaning is subjective and therefore meaningless."