ITT: I boil down each ending decision to its most basic parts. (uberspoilers)

#1StirFridayPosted 4/16/2013 1:02:36 PM
Destroy: Turns Shepard into a genocidal war criminal instead of the hero he was meant to be, robbing your best friend Joker of his true love

Control: Means that the biggest jackass in the galaxy, TIM, is right all along and you're basically spitting in Anderson's face. If you're a RenShep, this also means you become a dictator

Synthesis: Stripping everybody of their free will, turns Shepard into a major hypocrite if he chose to destroy the Heretic Geth in Legion's ME2 loyalty mission, means you agree with goddamn Saren, means the Reapers win because you're doing exactly what they wanted (the assimilation of synthetics and organics)

Refusal: No matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, you will fail unless some deus ex machina comes along and saves you
---
Stir fry... day.
http://i.imgur.com/VWr6I.gif
#2RedArchangel20Posted 4/16/2013 1:03:43 PM
Pretty much agree.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7GpU.jpg Most beautiful woman in the world
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzpf1y3cy1qf6y79.gif Kiss the rings.
#3NS_RegentParkPosted 4/16/2013 1:04:50 PM
PLOT TWAST: THE GETH DON'T GET WIPED OUT IN DESTROY. INSTEAD, SYNTHETIC DRUGS DO.
---
GT:InTheZoneTO
I'm pretty sure the Crucible was supposed to harness the dark energy of Haestrom to destroy the Reapers
#4ZERO2936Posted 4/16/2013 1:06:58 PM
It's kinda pathetic how the best written ending is the one where everyone dies.
#5Ray101492Posted 4/16/2013 1:09:20 PM
RedArchangel20 posted...
Pretty much agree.

---
GT/PSN: Ray101492
Try to have fun. Otherwise what's the point?
#6Rogue MuttPosted 4/16/2013 1:45:44 PM
StirFriday posted...
Destroy: Turns Shepard into a genocidal war criminal instead of the hero he was meant to be, robbing your best friend Joker of his true love

Control: Means that the biggest jackass in the galaxy, TIM, is right all along and you're basically spitting in Anderson's face. If you're a RenShep, this also means you become a dictator

Synthesis: Stripping everybody of their free will, turns Shepard into a major hypocrite if he chose to destroy the Heretic Geth in Legion's ME2 loyalty mission, means you agree with goddamn Saren, means the Reapers win because you're doing exactly what they wanted (the assimilation of synthetics and organics)

Refusal: No matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, you will fail unless some deus ex machina comes along and saves you

Mostly agree, except for the BOLD part. Implying that the Synthesis ending does exactly what the Reaper do to organics is just not correct.
---
Arcanine Alakazam Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#7phoenix52Posted 4/16/2013 2:00:52 PM
I don't particularly agree that Shepard is not a hero in the Destroy ending, especially if you first got the Geth to join the war effort.
---
Its like having a knitting contest between the best regular old lady knitter in the world and a guy who's superpower is specifically to be the best knitter ever
#8MegaTape13Posted 4/16/2013 2:29:24 PM
This is part of why I laugh when people say the EC fixed the ending(s).
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#9VasDeferensPosted 4/16/2013 2:33:17 PM
robbing your best friend Joker of his true love

Sold on destroy ! Didn't care much for those two anyway .
#10CaelestinePosted 4/16/2013 2:41:07 PM
You know, if one were to add Fallout's opening and ending quotes, "War, war never ends." or something similar. These bleaks outcome is kind of more palatable. It is just that the previous two games with Shepard "winning" against all odds that most of the fans expect a straight forward win. It's more of a inconsistency that kind of got some fans rile up.