Multiplayer questions

#1ChodeNode1Posted 4/17/2013 3:13:28 PM
So I have a few questions regarding multi-player:

1) How does one get one of those fancy graphics for their nameplate at the mission lobby?
2) Is there any perk to completing challenges other than bragging rights?
3) Does anybody have a link that details what things can come in what packs and the percentages for getting the various classes of those items? Everything I can find is like a year old and isn't updated with newer DLC
4) If nobody has anything for #3, what's the best way to get the weapon mods that don't come in recruit packs (assuming you've maxed out recruit packs)?
5) Are arsenal and reserve packs considered the best route to go these days for guns and characters, respectively?
6) Who would win in a fight between Axl Rose and Vince Neil?
#2terrysmay04Posted 4/17/2013 3:20:18 PM
1. by doing challenges
2. see # 1
3. no, they never actually released numbers on what the percentages are.
4/5. I always say, buy vet packs until you have your uncommons maxed, then buy spectre or premuim spectre packs. Aresenal and Reserve will basically equal out to the same thing as the regular premium spectre packs
6. Vince neil by a landslide. I hate Axl Rose >_>
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#3NafzgerPosted 4/17/2013 3:22:15 PM
I'm only going to answer the sixth question. Vince Neil would kill Axl Rose. Axl would be too busy trying to sue Vince Neil and generally making a fuss over his ego. Motley Crue craps all over GNR.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#4gunholePosted 4/17/2013 3:26:05 PM
6: axl rose. you don't mess with crazy...
---
[redX] [redX]
#5ChodeNode1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 3:27:42 PM
Where in the menus do the nameplate graphics show up once you've completed enough (or the right?) challenges?
#6terrysmay04Posted 4/17/2013 3:32:51 PM
ChodeNode1 posted...
Where in the menus do the nameplate graphics show up once you've completed enough (or the right?) challenges?

you go into challenges, and then when you highlight a completed challenge you can hit Y (I think) to set it to your banner.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#7foodeater4Posted 4/17/2013 3:49:49 PM
I think Vince would rock Axle. I've ran into Vince a few times in person before or after shows in town and hes a pretty big guy, and I dont just mean a fat.
#8iamdanthamanPosted 4/17/2013 4:27:34 PM
TC, do a search for N7HQ and put in your gamertag, it will show you what you have and what you dont have and if they are common, uncommon, or rare. Each of those categories corespond to recruit, veteran, and spectre packs, respectively. Also, if you dont have a bioware social account tied to your gamertag, you should set one up now, since it makes it easier to access your N7HQ page, and there are a few alternate banners that you can only set on the web.
---
All your base are belong to us
#9bman52480Posted 4/17/2013 4:42:29 PM
Reserve packs or Arsenal packs have a higher chance for the two rare cards to be characters or weapons respectively.

I found that it actually works. I bought about 2 million credits of reserve packs after the last DLC came out and unlocked all 6 characters and all their color schemes, and virtually none of the newest weapons.

In theory at this point since I have every character kit fully unlocked it would now make no difference if I bought PSPs, arsenal packs, OR reserve packs, as they all have approximately the same chance for an ultra rare. Some have claimed otherwise (for ultra rare chance) but noone has been able to run a trial of a large enough sample size to account for random anomolies.

It seems to me that the odds of an ultra rare is about 10% per "rare slot." So about every 10 premium packs you get one ultra rare and about every 100 (10% times 10%) you get two.
---
We don't have TIME for this! The Pasteur's core is going to breach!
#10kenobi749Posted 4/17/2013 4:43:37 PM
terrysmay04 posted...
ChodeNode1 posted...

you go into challenges, and then when you highlight a completed challenge you can hit Y (I think) to set it to your banner.

You hit X to set a banner
---
GT: SEV 74907