About to start Vanguard insanity run - tips?

#1UndrtakerPosted 4/20/2013 1:14:55 AM
Importing ME2 save so will start at lvl 30.
I assume I should max out Charge Nova and Class skill once I can respec?
What's best Squad to compliment my vanguard? Liara and Javik?
Best weapon for 1st playthrough?
Best bonus power?
How hard is Citadel DLC for Vanguard?
Was a huge pain for Adept....
---
There is only one god and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death. Not today.
#2ElusiveOneXPosted 4/20/2013 1:38:16 AM
Insanity is easy outside of fighting the clones in Armax Arena, so do whatever you want. I basically ran through with energy drain and charge. I had Javik and Liara with me just for warp and dark channel, no need for Nova when everything dies in one charge.
#3Orange_ApplesPosted 4/20/2013 1:43:49 AM
Hit the reset powers station over at tech labs before importing. When you get control of Shepard you can put those points in the skills you want.

I haven't play an insanity vanguard, but I imagine it would be full barrier charge and half blast nova. I guess incendiary ammo as bonus power... I haven't played sp in a long time so I don't remember is incendiary ammo is a bonus power of if fire explosions can be detonated without the 'killing the opponent' requirement.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#4ElusiveOneXPosted 4/20/2013 2:05:47 AM
Fire explosions work the same way in SP as they do in MP. I still don't know why people would need Nova in SP. Nova spam makes sense when you aren't blowing up everything with Warp -> Charge.
#5twinstarnumber1Posted 4/20/2013 2:44:44 AM(edited)
Vanguard on Insanity is extremely easy. I personally never nova/charge spam to keep it from getting too boring, i just use various mixes of other powers to keep it interesting. I change my bonus power around when i get bored but reave is a good one to pick. I use the Lancer for my main weapon. No particular reason just like it.
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#6Undrtaker(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 1:48:13 AM
Narrowed selection of bonus power to one of Fortification / Reave / Dark Channel
Is it better to use the defensive power or one of the offensive ones?
I don't have Kiaden alive anywhere, so if I go for Reave, I need to speed run (on casual) til I unlock it and only then start my Insanity Vanguard.
If Dark Channel is just as good I'll just take that and skip Kaiden

Should I use a shotgun like I did in ME2 or will charge/nova/melee take care of all the killing?
---
#7NonoruPosted 4/21/2013 2:21:51 AM
You don't need much powers to play him. Choose armor piercing ammo as bonus, it's plenty enough. Other recharging powers will annoy you when you want to charge.

Use Liara as support and set up biotic explosions with Warp. Charge, shoot with your shotgun, back off a bit, Warp, Charge, etc... You can have Garrus for Overload and breeze through the game.
---
Waiting for FFXIIIvs, KH III.
#8Undrtaker(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 2:20:05 AM
What's the best choice for armor?
Power boosts, recharge boosts or shield boosts?
---
#9Enemy_AC130Posted 4/26/2013 4:31:03 AM
Undrtaker posted...
What's the best choice for armor?
Power boosts, recharge boosts or shield boosts?

Power boosts so your nova does more damage.

Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova Charge Nova
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i.imgur.com/niJah96.jpg
#10SRR CapdownPosted 4/26/2013 5:24:24 AM
Squad Incendiary Ammo.
Incendiary Grenades as bonus power.
Javik with the PPR.
EDI with the Tempest. Use EDI to get rid of any shields and set up Fire Explosions with Incinerate.
Wraith shotgun.

Then it'll essentially work like this;
Throw grenades and makeJavik Dark Channel, then Charge an enemy, detonating and likely killing. Nova, detonating both the jumped DC and other enemies that have been shot at with Incendiary ammo. Rinse and repeat. With this, you'll basically be cycling Biotic and Incendiary Explosions on everything. If you Charge>Nova a boss you detonate both, one after the other.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif