Just a reminder that the scene where they leave earth at the beginning

#11BurstBearPosted 4/20/2013 7:04:03 AM
fennell92 posted...
I'm gonna throw a wrench in here and say that I felt the scene was a predictable, obnoxious attempt to pull at my heart strings. The game would've been just fine without the kid, and that's not including him sort of again as star child.

Agreed. The music was touching, but the kid was just way too much and made it all come off as downright cheesy.
#12ozzyman314Posted 4/20/2013 7:43:59 AM
Best scene has to be at the beginning of Priority Earth when the fleets arrive through the relay.
Everything about that scene is just pure awesome. I still get goosebumps whenever I watch it.
---
Loading Signature..........
#13Foreman22Posted 4/20/2013 7:46:19 PM
Yes and million year old beings are to stupid to access on a visual. Face it there were some poor writing simply created to invoke emotion in Mass Effect 3.
#14IrishSpectre_N7Posted 4/20/2013 7:47:43 PM
The very end of that scene was good. In fact, the only good part about this game's introduction. I think I dislike the intro more than I dislike the ending.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ySRZ2DJ.png
#15Jabroni2000Posted 4/20/2013 8:06:13 PM
ME3 has some of my favorite scenes in all of gaming but I think three of them top this one, personally.

As mentioned by other posters, Mordin's scene and also Grunt's are both very emotional. Grunt's benefits from having the best musical piece in the game playing.

Lastly I think the line "...the best" in the Citadel DLC is the best moment in the series, IMO, if that counts as a "scene."
---
XBL: jmarFTL
#16SpiritualBeggaPosted 4/21/2013 12:27:06 AM
Well, I didn't like that scene. As others have pointed out, it doesn't make sense and was a feeble attempt to make us care for Earth.
But I don't. The focus on humanity was a stupid thing to do.

The best scenes to me are Mordin's fate (especially that cruel renegade scene) and the end of Rannoch.
While Mordin's fate is the most emotional scene in video games for me, the Rannoch "solution" just hits you in your face whatever you choose (if you have to make a choice, that is).
Those two scenes made me speechless. I was just staring at the screen for minutes. Leaving earth and some kid getting killed ... yeah, I just didn't care, mostly because it's obvious why Bioware made the scene predictable and teary-eyed.
#17UndrtakerPosted 4/21/2013 1:00:08 AM(edited)
No love for Traynor's hot tub scene?

My favorite scenes are the renegade options At Rannoch, Mordin, and not using the Paragon interrupt on Samara

---
There is only one god and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death. Not today.
#18IokuaPosted 4/21/2013 12:46:24 AM
SolidStryder posted...
Foreman22 posted...
No because it makes no sense. The Reapers have the Normandy in point blank range and instead fire upon little non threatening shuttles????? While Shepard watches the whole time. Wouldn't Shepard ALWAYS be the number one target????

Yea, until stealth happens.

You mean the stealth that the vastly inferior Collector ship saw through without any effort at all in ME2?
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#19SolidStryderPosted 4/21/2013 1:47:18 AM
Iokua posted...
SolidStryder posted...
Foreman22 posted...
No because it makes no sense. The Reapers have the Normandy in point blank range and instead fire upon little non threatening shuttles????? While Shepard watches the whole time. Wouldn't Shepard ALWAYS be the number one target????

Yea, until stealth happens.

You mean the stealth that the vastly inferior Collector ship saw through without any effort at all in ME2?

I wasn't aware that ME2 did anything to suggest that everything the Collectors possess wasn't the advanced creation of the Reapers. You know, with the whole massive ship that comes from the massive base built in the galactic core that requires a reaper IFF to successfully reach. I imagine LOS identification would also be much easier in an isolated area, especially if you're expecting them, than in the middle of heavy traffic and activity. Maybe they can detect the Normandys heat signature, though. Same exact argument applies.

Try again.
#20SpankyMagooPosted 4/21/2013 3:21:51 AM
The whole thing was so heavy handed that it actually made me laugh, (you will care about this kid dangit or you will be really disappointed later) lol. Come to think of it a lot of things in me3 made me laugh due to the immersion breaking ridiculousness, " Just freaking shoot him! " comes to mind. That being said I think the Mordin stuff was very well written, both sides of it. Betraying him was probably the most evil thing in the series next to the renegade end to Samara's side mission.

I personally thought that the ME2 loyalty missions had better scenes in the emotion department Miranda, Mordin, and Thanes in particular. And nothing in ME3 even comes close to the collector base approach from ME2 or even the end run from ME1 in terms of epicness imo.
---
GT: Spanky Magoo
"People who are offended by hypothetical situations can hypothetically **** themselves"