Question about ending when you destroy reapers & all synthetics SPOILERS

#1PolishCockatielPosted 4/20/2013 12:43:06 PM
So I just did the ending where you destroy the reapers and all synthetics. The charred body at the end with the N7 dog tag, is that supposed to be James since he was talking about being promoted to N7? Or is it implied to be Shepard's barely living corpse after being struck by the reaper weapon and the entire ending was an indoctrination induced hallucination and the reapers actually won?
#2SageOfLifePosted 4/20/2013 12:45:26 PM
The file for that scene is labelled "Shepard Lives". Besides, James is on Gilligan's Planet with the rest of the Normandy.
---
There's no box! There never was!
#3ZERO2936Posted 4/20/2013 12:58:08 PM
It means nothing. It's just a scene of someone with N7 dog tags taking a breath. For all we know, that could just be that person's dying breath.
#4HollowVPPosted 4/20/2013 12:59:09 PM
It's none of those.

Obviously, it's from the beginning of Mass Effect 2 when Shepard gets knocked into space. The scene is telling you that you survived and everything after, recruiting squad mates, Cerberus, TIM, the collector base, the Reapers invading Earth, was all a dream.

Yes, my conclusions are terrible, I'm just joining the club.
#5Jabroni2000Posted 4/20/2013 3:56:43 PM
Neither. It's Shepard's body in the wreckage of the Citadel.
---
XBL: jmarFTL
#6Billy-De-KidPosted 4/20/2013 4:03:34 PM
Jabroni2000 posted...

It show's the body in a pile of concrete rubble. Last I checked, the Citadel wasn't made of concrete.

Also, the Citadel exploded.

The file shows that it is, in fact, Shepard. Indoctrination Theory evidence? Likely.
---
"There's no problem you can't solve with a reasonable amount of violence" -Erin Stout
"CHEESE!!! CHEESE FOR EVERYBODY!!!" -Sheograth
#7fluffybunny937Posted 4/20/2013 4:14:15 PM
Lots of speculation for everyone
---
The greatest tumblr ever. http://samepicofdavecoulier.tumblr.com/
#8Jabroni2000Posted 4/20/2013 4:28:20 PM
Billy-De-Kid posted...
Jabroni2000 posted...

It show's the body in a pile of concrete rubble. Last I checked, the Citadel wasn't made of concrete.

The file shows that it is, in fact, Shepard. Indoctrination Theory evidence? Likely.

The Citadel's massive, there's all sorts of material all over it. It's basically a giant floating city and we have no idea which part of it Shepard was on. Goes to your second point as well - yes it explodes, but you see the arms flying off. Those arms are basically huge cities in and of themselves with millions of people on it. It didn't just blow up, parts of it likely survived and drifted through space. Makes sense they'd eventually find them and search for survivors.

Bioware has denied IT on their message boards since the game's release. It's a fan theory, not actually canon in any way. Considering how they got slammed for the ending and how they released the Extended Cut, if IT were true they would have just said so and made a bunch of people very happy. But that's not the actual ending of the game, so they didn't.
---
XBL: jmarFTL
#9Billy-De-KidPosted 4/20/2013 4:34:28 PM
Jabroni2000 posted...
Billy-De-Kid posted...
Jabroni2000 posted...

The Citadel's massive, there's all sorts of material all over it. It's basically a giant floating city and we have no idea which part of it Shepard was on. Goes to your second point as well - yes it explodes, but you see the arms flying off. Those arms are basically huge cities in and of themselves with millions of people on it. It didn't just blow up, parts of it likely survived and drifted through space. Makes sense they'd eventually find them and search for survivors.

Bioware has denied IT on their message boards since the game's release. It's a fan theory, not actually canon in any way. Considering how they got slammed for the ending and how they released the Extended Cut, if IT were true they would have just said so and made a bunch of people very happy. But that's not the actual ending of the game, so they didn't.

You make many good points, but it would have been cool if the IT were true.
---
"There's no problem you can't solve with a reasonable amount of violence" -Erin Stout
"CHEESE!!! CHEESE FOR EVERYBODY!!!" -Sheograth
#10Enemy_AC130Posted 4/20/2013 5:25:21 PM
Nice job putting spoilers in the topic title, and then putting the spoiler warning at the end.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i.imgur.com/niJah96.jpg